The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quarter Panels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gold73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quarter Panels
    Posted: 15-May-2019 at 2:52PM
Has anyone bought any Tabco rear quarters lately? I purchased a pair and for the most part am satisfied but the wheel lips are not even close to being rolled over to the required angle to be able to install the factory wheel well chrome trim. Have you all had to use a wheel well roller or has it required slitting forming and welding this area. First time installing quarters so any advice would be welcome.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2019 at 3:01PM
hard to say without seeing it, i've never used them, but is it just needing clamped into place to weld to the the lip of the wheelhouse?or really far off that it needs rolled or formed besides just clamping into place for welding???
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Gold73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gold73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2019 at 3:10PM
I’ll take pictures tomorrow and try to post them. It’s definitely beyond just clamping and welding. I looked through the pics of Malcolms build and they are considerably more angled out than the ones he used. I sent him a message asking if he had to bend or roll his but he has not replied yet. I just didn’t know if I received a bad set or what.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2019 at 3:25PM
kinda sounds like it???
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Gold73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gold73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2019 at 3:39PM
Are there any other build pictures besides Malcolms that show a Tabco panel being installed on the forum?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2019 at 5:33PM
could be? idk???
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
1973gts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1973gts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2019 at 1:56AM

Not the best angle to see the lip but these are my Tabcos bought last year when they were put on.  My bodyman said he had to work on the lips a little to get the mouldings to fit satisfactorily but nothing extensive.  Hope this helps  -  dave
Dave - 1973 GTS N code
legend onirot View Drop Down

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2019 at 10:27AM
sorry guys, and gold... sorry it took me so long to answer, ive been extremely busy with work and i havent checked the boards for a few days.  
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
 Post Reply Post Reply