The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

INFO: Console Mounting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1973gts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2019 at 3:46PM
No problem, John, car is still at the bodyshop and won't be back for a while, I'm just working on bits and pieces til it gets back.
Dave - 1973 GTS N code
Uante View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2019 at 4:23AM
Looks like a nice fill-in of that hump cut-out. Can't wait til I get around to installing my console!
'73 Gran Torino Brougham
'63 Econoline Standard Van
- Brent *USAF RET*
1973gts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1973gts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2019 at 5:27AM
I know the feeling, been taking a little longer than I had anticipated for the body/paint work to get done but shouldn't be much longer now hopefully.
Dave - 1973 GTS N code
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2020 at 4:20AM
FYI
Some 72-76 Mark IV and Thunderbird have a console as well, never seen a floor shift, but a nicer, more "luxury car" feel. Same layout on the same floor pan and fits a Mark V, so should work if you run across one.
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2022 at 3:36PM
I am considerably late to this party, however as I enter, I can be a bit fashionably late.
I have a floor pan section I can get specific measurements on for the two small brackets.

Now, on my 72, the floor brackets I had did not have the large plate for the “horseshoe” bracket.
Mine is just screwed to the floor.

I would like to get actual placement details of the front clip however as my console doesn’t have that bracket.
I have one but never installed it.

Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
hogfiddles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2022 at 4:08PM
here’s a pic from before I tore things apart…… you should be able to extrapolate from there……

1973 Gran Torino Sport - Q code “Q-Clone” project-on-hold
1972 Gran Torino Sport - Q code new project
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
95+/- mid-80's Yamaha XJ-Series (10 trophies)
hogfiddles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2022 at 4:19PM
Originally posted by Uante Uante wrote:

Great picture of the floor and brackets. I'll be needing all brackets if anyone has extras. Not sure I can use a front one as the piece where the slot is, is broken off my console like a lot of others I've seen. 

They’re mostly broken because people take the screws out and then pull/yank, not realizing that they need to slide it FORWARD the unhook from the front yet. The plastic is very brittle, and it doesn’t take much pulling or lifting to snap it. It snaps so easily that just about nobody even feels that it was hooked to begin with.

Dfox
1973 Gran Torino Sport - Q code “Q-Clone” project-on-hold
1972 Gran Torino Sport - Q code new project
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
95+/- mid-80's Yamaha XJ-Series (10 trophies)
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2022 at 12:07PM
Thanks Dave! I am going to see about snagging dimensions on the floor section I have.
Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123