The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm embarrassed, ebrake help.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bambithegreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm embarrassed, ebrake help.
    Posted: 16-June-2019 at 5:19PM
Well I decided to try and do things myself, and trying for a frame off. 
Sounds like a great idea, not so much because I dont even change the oil on my 17 gt. 

So my question is, how do I take off the parking brake line? I cant find anything online. 
Also can anyone link me to a how to? Or advice ? I'm not mechanically inclined so any advice is greatly appreciated.  
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2019 at 5:32PM
there's an adjuster by the tranny on the drivers side, remove the nut and the cable will slack then turn the end of the cable 90 degrees back by the rearend to get it out the slotted hole in the cable coupler things, then the middle long cable can be slid out of the hanger on the floor pan. then there are a "C" clip retainers on the ends of the rearend cables on the brackets on the frame back there and one inside at the park brake unit inside the car too, the  front cable then slides out of the body and the frame too

on the adjuster end of the front cable you'll see the threaded part attached to the cable clamp the end where they meet with a pair of visegrips to hold it from spinning then loosen the nut on the end Wink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
bambithegreat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bambithegreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2019 at 5:41PM
No way I could have figured that out alone, I'll be trying it Friday. Thank you sir.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2019 at 7:27PM
when i pulled mine off the frame i too forgot to pull the cable out from that bracket on the driver side floor pan and the "S" hook attached to the passenger side floor pan Embarrassed once i raised it about a foot the body tipped down in the front, i was like WTF???Confused
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
 Post Reply Post Reply