The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seat belts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentCooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seat belts
    Posted: 29-June-2019 at 2:17PM
Hello again everyone...

I was trying to replace the seatbelts of my 75 4dr Gran Torino for about 4 months. First, I tried to fix the ones it has, no success. Then, I bought a set of double retractable in corvettemods. They sent it to another address, I called them, no solution. I open a case in paypal but, in the moment of adding more details, I made a mistake and choose "the item I received was differente".From this point, everything was like a hell. At the end, I received no solution and lost around USD300.

Then I finally order a new set, from another seller, of "double retractable corvette seat belts". Why? because was the only seatbelts that I found with double retractable, like the original ones. Today I tried to install them. Removed the old ones, found a "good position" and removed the "only remove after install" plastic. One of the retractors (the one with the plastic) start to rolling in and then blocked. Now this side is blocked.

Please help.
The owls are not what they seem
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2019 at 5:29PM
so you mean they locked??? corvette belt retractors mount laying down under the seat so the penulum locking piece will be tilted so they may stay locked so you can't pull them out???
 at least thats how they are on my 74 vette, i used belts from a 90 grand am or something like that in my vette and had a similar issue because of tilting the retractors... if this is what you are referring to?
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
AgentCooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentCooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2019 at 6:16PM
Oh.... I understand. Maybe this is the problem that I have. I cant go to the car now (is 1:15 am), I will check it tomorrow if I put in different positions to see if they move.

When I say that are blocked is this: If I pull them out, they do not get out anymore. If I return them a little, they are shorter and I can not pull them out again.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-June-2019 at 4:15AM
yes that's how that ratcheting type locking mechanism works, gravity or inertia will cause that lever to move and lock into a notch
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
AgentCooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentCooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-June-2019 at 8:17AM
THank you! (again)

Now I have to figure out how to mount lying down :)
 Post Reply Post Reply