The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milton 68 GT Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member
    Posted: 08-October-2019 at 4:02AM
Good Morning Everyone,

My mane is Milton and I own a number matching 68 GT Torino that has a factory 428 Cobra Jet engine in it. I have already rebuilt the engine completed all the body work and etc. I am in search for a non-fiber glass hood and grill for my car if anyone knows where I can purchase one. I have already checked with all the major part suppliers and they do not have this hood. If anyone has suggestions, please feel free to share. Thanks in advance.

Milton
Ross 1968 GT Torino 428
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2019 at 1:48PM
Welcome to the forum Milton!  Sounds like you have a very nice '68 Torino.  The 428 CJ is a really great motor.

I have upgraded you to a full member, so you have access to the site.  Post some pics of you car, we'd love to see it.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
Milton 68 GT Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milton 68 GT Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2019 at 1:41AM
Thanks for adding. The car is currently in the shop getting the interior repaired and being prepped to be painted.
Ross 1968 GT Torino 428
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2019 at 12:14PM
That's one sweet looking Torino Milton.  Are you sticking with the same interior and colour?  It's looks good in that color combo.

You said this is an original 428 "R" code car?  Those are pretty rare.  Did you get a Marti Report?
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
ZCowher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZCowher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2019 at 2:00PM
That is a sweet ride, I may have a line on a supplier for you. I'll PM you his number. MORE PICS PLEASE
ZC
2016 F-150 xl 2.7 liter
73 Gran Torino Formal roof, Ten damn years, and its almost there.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2019 at 4:39PM
looks nice, i like the console! my buddy steve here locally has one same color and engine!
i've been trying to get him to join...his knowledge on the first gen cars would be invaluable Wink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milton 68 GT Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2019 at 1:39AM
Good Morning and thanks. I plan to keep the color scheme the same for the interior and paint. I do not have the Marty report but I do have the Original build ticket. It was built locally at the Hapeville plant in GA. The only alterations I've done to the car is I added Hooker Headers, Stall/Cam, and added stage 3 floor masters. Everything else has been left the same. I will add more pictures in 3 to 4 weeks once it has been painted. I am still waiting on my Ram air hood to come in.
Ross 1968 GT Torino 428

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milton 68 GT Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2019 at 1:41AM
Thanks brother. Please share. I have caught hell restoring this vehicle. I will post more pics in 3 to 4 weeks once the car has been completed. I am waiting on my Ram Air hood to come in and the body shop will finish up my car.
Ross 1968 GT Torino 428

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milton 68 GT Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2019 at 1:43AM
Thanks and please get Steve to join. I would love to hear how he has been able to procure all parts for his Tornio.
Ross 1968 GT Torino 428

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milton 68 GT Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-December-2019 at 9:52AM
Ross 1968 GT Torino 428

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milton 68 GT Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-December-2019 at 9:55AM

75% of the car has been painted. Hood and Quarter Panels still have to be painted.
Ross 1968 GT Torino 428
 Post Reply Post Reply