The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Headlight bezel kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Headlight bezel kit
    Posted: 07-January-2020 at 4:26PM
hey everyone, I'm looking for a part and I dont know where to find it. It's the headlight bezel screw kit. Are there any websites or catalogs that might have it?
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-January-2020 at 5:38PM
welcome! try mac's or autokrafters, actually you may be able to get some at a local hardware store i did in stainless for my 74 they were a #8 taper head phillips...
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Spencer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2020 at 2:16AM
Ok thanks I'll try that 
Spencer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2020 at 2:23AM
do you know what the part is called that the 8 taper head phillips screws into I'm missing that also. On my car I only have one on the right side and it's a little plastic box about a half inch long and that 8 taper head phillips screws into it. The little plastic piece goes into a square hole on the frame next to the head light haha dont know y I'm having such a problem with this, thanks for the help
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2020 at 4:06AM
my 74 plastic pieces i was able to find in the dorman/help section at the local parts storeWink about 1/4" square...
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Spencer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2020 at 6:10AM
ok thanks appreciate the help 
schufitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schufitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2020 at 5:14AM
Not sure if you mean the bucket adjustment screws with plastic insert or the screws for the grill bezel surrounds at the headlights (?).  The adjustment ones are available with the plastic insert:

I reconditioned them on my '69 Torino.  
Here's where they mount:

Here is the grill screw (4 per side), not sure on a source for these as I only needed one and a guy from another site had one 

Spencer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2020 at 6:47AM
its the headlight bezel that attaches to the grill. The bezel has a clip up top that slides behind the grill and the bottom is held on by a screw/nylon nut. The bezel hole is  3/16 but the nylon nut that sticks out that the screw goes into has a hole that 1/4 wide. I'm not sure if that hole is stripped or what. I also need that nylon nut. Is that the link you put up or is that for the light ajustment set screw? I would put up a pic but am not sure how to. I'm still figuring this forum out. Think I'm still to new to it to put anything up 
schufitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schufitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2020 at 10:05AM
I see from your other post you have a '68.  Those had 1 piece grille and the '69 had a 3 piece, so previous reply not much help.  The link was for the adjustment screws

'68

'69

schufitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schufitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2020 at 3:38PM
Found this in a manual I had, way different than the 69

Edited by schufitz - 10-January-2020 at 6:28PM
Spencer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2020 at 12:49AM
Number 3 is the part I'm looking for thank you. Where can I go to put that part number in is there a web site I can use to get it? Thanks again for all the help everyone 
schufitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schufitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2020 at 4:56AM
Spencer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2020 at 2:38AM
just order the ones from the first link that was a big help thanks
Spencer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2020 at 2:28AM
hey so that first link worked I put it on my car and it work great I just need one more any ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply