The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > Big Block Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

intake and carb swap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangedeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: intake and carb swap
    Posted: 03-February-2004 at 10:40AM

I have a totally stock non-CJ 429 and im thinking about swapping to an edelbrock performer RPM and an 850 demon (i have a 780 holley right now, and im going to be putting in a cam and heads later, hence the hugeish carb). however all i've really done on my car is change the oil and tune it up. What do i have to do for an intake a carb change? it can't be that hard, but i really dont want to screw anything up

1970 Torino GT / N-code 429 / toploader / 3.50 'niner / Competition Orange
capt.b-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capt.b-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2004 at 1:00AM

there are some things to consider with your intake/carb swap.  as far as carb size, the 850 should be fine, although it wouldn,t hurt to have a good set of dual exhaust on the car.  your going to need that with the cam and heads anyway.  the intake swap is a fairly straightforward job.  make sure your existing fuel lines and carb linkage/kickdown rod will work.  it wouldn't hurt to have a timing light handy.  good luck 

orangedeath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangedeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2004 at 5:27AM

thanks capt. i forgot to say i already have headers and duals, but im planning on going to a 3 inch system with x-pipe

1970 Torino GT / N-code 429 / toploader / 3.50 'niner / Competition Orange
 Post Reply Post Reply