The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > Transmissions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

6R80 for FE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gregaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6R80 for FE
    Posted: 11-May-2020 at 10:04AM
If anyone is interested I have decided on installing a 2012 or newer 6R80 6 speed auto into my 63 after a year of research.
I know It is not going into a Ranchero but this install would apply to the Ranchero.
If anyone is interested I will be ready to do the install in December when the machine shop finishes with my block and can post pictures of the upgrade.
Greg
Greg
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2020 at 2:32PM
Greg, we are always interested in any and all tech posts here, even if not directly Torino related.  If you are willing to share the information on the install, it would be greatly appreciated.  I am sure it will help someone on a future install. Thumbs Up
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
jhggtsf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhggtsf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2020 at 11:25AM
There's a guy putting one behind a 302 in a Falcon wagon I've been watching on YouTube.

Seems like a high degree of difficulty. I'll be interested in how it turns out. Good luck!
Joe
gregaba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2020 at 12:00PM
Yeah
He is using the megasquirt ms3 controller which is a great EFI system and you can control the tranny with it, but you have to know what you are doing.
I am between using the stock ecu and wiring harness and stripping out the extra wires I don't need or ordering the US Shift quick 6 self learning controller.
If I use the stock unit all I will have to do is strip out the extra wires and turn off the PATS and I save the $1200.00 for the controller.
With the controller I don't have to buy a totaled Mustang GT or a F-150 and have to sell the extra parts but I can get one of those with the tranny fairly cheap at the Co Parts auction.
Still Haven't decided.
I will be running the Sniper EFI so will have a TPS in the system.
Greg
Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply