The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

71 Torino Exhaust Hanger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boggedust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 71 Torino Exhaust Hanger
    Posted: 18-July-2020 at 7:18AM
hey all,

Does anyone have any photos of the rear exhaust hanger location for a GT? I took off the dumps from my torino 500 and installing what appears to be GT exhaust. I only need the reference behind the rear axle. Everything else is in nicely. Just need to hang up the axle back tubes.

Thanks
schufitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schufitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2020 at 10:17AM
Are you doing under bumper or behind the wheels exit points?  I just had a Waldrons system installed on my '69 with behind wheels exit.  If doing wheel exit, this may help, if not, not sure on those hangers. I found a set of hangers that I reconditioned.  The right (pass) side is the hard to fine one.  Mine had single exhaust from factory, but had a mounting plate with holes in the pass frame rail above the leaf spring (might have scrape away undercoating to see them).  71 should be the same as both unibody.

Edited by schufitz - 07-September-2020 at 10:27AM
Dave
1969 Torino GT/351W 2V/FMX/Vinyl Top/Black Jade/Gold Stripes/Nugget Gold Buckets/Console/Racing Mirrors/AC/PS/PDB
 Post Reply Post Reply