The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Four Doors and Wagons
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1975 Model Ford Gran Torino Station wagon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1975 Model Ford Gran Torino Station wagon
    Posted: 09-October-2020 at 9:41AM
Hello dear friends,

I have 1975 Model Ford Gran Torino Station Wagon. I love this car and want to restore. I need weatherstrips kit (Door seals) for my car. I wonder where I can find these weatherstrips kit. I would be glad if you help. Thank you very much.

Falke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2020 at 6:18AM
Anyone have any idea dear friends?
1975 Model Ford Gran Torino Station Wagon
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-October-2020 at 2:15PM
welcome! to my knowledge no one makes them new that i am aware ofCry
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Falke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-October-2020 at 11:19PM
Thank you dear friend. Cry
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-October-2020 at 3:40PM
please do a post in the welcome mat section... and tell us about your carWink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
qcode72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote qcode72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2020 at 3:09AM
Try steel rubber products.
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2020 at 10:40AM

you may have to use a generic weatherstrip and section the special molded sections together with black RTV

i wonder if some year of Crown Vic might be semi-adaptable?

72 GT Ute

Falke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2020 at 11:58AM
Originally posted by Rockatansky Rockatansky wrote:

you may have to use a generic weatherstrip and section the special molded sections together with black RTV

i wonder if some year of Crown Vic might be semi-adaptable?

Thank you dear friend. I wrote E-Mail to this seller. But they don't answered my Mail. Really i don't know adaptable parts. Thanks again to the friends who answered. I probably won't be able to find this piece. I wanted it to be original. But there is nothing to be done.Heart

Edited by Falke - 21-October-2020 at 12:09PM
Falke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2020 at 12:07PM
Dear friend, I live in Turkey. All bodywork of the vehicle is finished. It is currently preparing for the paint phase. If you want, I can take pictures and send you. This is an original car. So no part of it has changed. That's why I want all the parts to be original. I wrote Mail to many sellers in America. But I couldn't find this piece. Thank you very much for your interest. My English is not very good. Therefore, I apologize to you. Thank you again and have nice day.
AgentCooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentCooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-November-2020 at 2:04PM
I have been looking for this for 4 years. Also Im finishing the painting and now I have to figure out how to solve this.

Any news you have, please post here.

Also this is not only a forum to find things, my english is not very good either (Im from Chile, south america) but take a moment to post pictures of your car, ask for tips, tell a story of the car and everything. We all here enjoy that.

Mine is a 1975 Gran Torino 4 doors.
The owls are not what they seem
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2021 at 3:38AM
This topic comes up periodically...
Unfortunately the only 4DR upper roof rail weather stripping available would have to be "used" if you can find some in decent shape. Dead  

Like others have said you will have to use "universal" pieces or piece together the 2DR versions sold below: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-73-74-75-76-TORINO-2-dr-HARDTOP-ROOF-RAIL-SEAL/303231542997?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D231024%26meid%3Dcbbc3a91a58f468da9cc94ca4443d272%26pid%3D101195%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dpf%26sd%3D303231543026%26itm%3D303231542997%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplAMLv7PairwiseNativeBase&_trksid=p2047675.c101195.m1851  

Edited by gpd294 - 19-February-2021 at 12:24PM
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentCooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2021 at 9:14AM
Thank you.... that is what Im trying to do know.
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2021 at 12:25PM
Originally posted by AgentCooper AgentCooper wrote:

Thank you.... that is what Im trying to do know.

Please let us know what works best for you if you don't mind and good luck!
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentCooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2021 at 1:35AM
I will...

Actually Im not doing this, the car has been in the workshop (not sure if this is the word, but where they repair/restore cars) since 3 years, I have use it 4 times in over this time, after the engine restore and after a few other minor repairs. I hope I will have the car ready during march and then I will post pictures.

In adition to every mechanical and electrical things, (I) painted, reapaired the floor, bought the front grill and surround, change the back light, glove box, install a retrosound and now they installed the carpet and the inside roof (dont know the name of it) and the last thing that is missing is the air conditioner. I also added a cable under the carpet to install a rear plate frame with camera which cable comes under the dash and bought this Dash android because I wanted to travel to the south, it would not be fix, just I let the cables near so I can connect it for long travels. Also I replace the seat belts and install the female part of a GMC which comes with cable because I want to use the "seat belt" light in the instrument cluster (which I think is not factory default) and added the original clock. For future, I would like to use activate the "low fuel" light, which as I read, could be done adding a "switch" which is activated when the voltage signal of fuel is under some defined threshold.

Mine is a 1975, four doors white Gran Torino.

As story, I can mention that this car belongs to my uncle who sells to my father in 1977. It was the "family car" since I was a kid and we used until 1990. After that, the car was abandon, I made a small reapairs around 1999 and 2004 (I was in university, so did not have money for a big repair). In 2008 my mother sold it (actually, paid someone to take it, because, according to her, was using too much space) and in 2018 I finally found it, bought it back and since I was working on it. I dont know too much about cars and the major things have been done in workshop, but I love this car and I want to revive the same travels I did with my family to the south.

Im from Chile, South America

(Sorry for my english )
78FordLtd2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78FordLtd2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2021 at 6:10PM
I know this thread is a bit old now but if you are looking for door seals for your wagon, my suggestion would be to join a car club. I'm not sure if they are still running, Ford Owners Association is a club that caters to all Ford owners. Finding some of these parts now are getting harder to find. Easy if you have a Mustang or Camaro or Chevelle but not so for Torino, Montego and such.

Hope this helps. You might get lucky.
 Post Reply Post Reply