The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

68-69 Torino Bucket seat dimensions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 68-69 Torino Bucket seat dimensions?
    Posted: 23-February-2021 at 1:39PM
Hi does anyone know the approximate dimensions of 68-69 torino/Fairlane/Ranchero bucket seats? 

I have a chance to buy some 69 cougar buckets that actually look the same (even the tilt forward lever) from pics except upholstery? My upholstery guy can cover them in 68 style covers so I think it will look close ??.... Just not positive if dimensions are the same or close... The cougar seats are 25 1/2 high in back (without headrest- from floor to top of back) x about 21" wide seat back at widest point x about 21 wide cushion as well.

Any help would be appreciated , just bought this 68 Fastback gt 302 cheap and starting the process Shocked

Also have a 68 ranchero 289 Fairlane 500 looking for a new home :-)

Thanks
Jack
Jack H
schufitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schufitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2021 at 11:19AM
Here are some pics from my '69.  (not sure why some pics got turned) This is from floor behind seat

Edited by schufitz - 25-February-2021 at 11:24AM
Dave
1969 Torino GT/351W 2V/FMX/Vinyl Top/Black Jade/Gold Stripes/Nugget Gold Buckets/Console/Racing Mirrors/AC/PS/PDB
JackOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2021 at 11:31AM
Wow, thank you very much taking the time to do that!Thumbs Up Looks like the cougar seats are 3 inches skinnier on the width... 

Wonder if the upholstery guy could widen them without looking dumb... 

I think by the time I paid him that I could get some of the cool scat 90 classic bucket seats.... Has anyone used them? How are they?

Thanks again so much! Big smile
Jack H
 Post Reply Post Reply