The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 73

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 73
    Posted: 26-April-2021 at 3:35PM
My 73
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2021 at 4:12PM
Details man, details.  Lol

Give us the story and more pics. No teasing allowed. 
Cking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2021 at 4:23PM
This was my grandfather's car and I wanted it ever since he bought it when I was an infant. So at the age of 15 he gave it to me for Christmas and I've never had money to fix her to her former glory and now I'm ready to get her going. He's gone but it's my tribute to him because he loved the car as much as I do. I just need lots of parts for her or a good donor. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2021 at 4:48PM
   There are definitely oarts available. I nelieve Tabco has quarter panels although there was a post on a facebook page about poor customer service over complaints on fitment. May be an isolated incident, not sure.
  Check the frame really good for rust and cracks. Body bushing holes in the frame may need attention. I have seen donor cars for a few hundred bucks with no engine or transmission. One fuy was going to crush the car if nobody showed up to grab it.
   What are the VIN first five digits/letters? Get one gallon zip-loc bags to label parts/bolts specifically. It will be invaluable on re-assembly. You will gain more knowledge here than any other source and will absolutely get positive feedback on questions. Some of the guys here are the best there is with their information and searches for answers if they have forgotten. You will get to know them before a couple of pages are filled up. 
   Welcome aboard.

Cking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2021 at 5:00PM
Thank you for the guidance I definitely need it on this. I want to do it right so any advice and or help is much appreciated. If you or anyone has any information on good cars for donor's let me know. I'm definitely looking 
Cking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2021 at 5:04PM
Vin 3a30h

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2021 at 6:11PM
   I am assuming Atlanta is where it was built. It has a 351 2V? Could be a Cleveland or Windsor if that's the case. The home page that has the green Gran Torino has links for decoding most everything related to these cars. I would suggest starting a project thread in the sub-forum. It is easier to follow. Just reading threads from the past will teach you plenty. 
   The home page I mentioned is a good place to find resources for parts as well as wiring diagrams etc.
Californiajohnny has parts for 73 models I believe. Click on the emblem at the top of the page to get to the home page.
Cking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2021 at 6:13PM
Yes it’s a Cleveland 2V. Thank you very much. I will be looking at anything and everything anyone has for advice 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2021 at 6:22PM
   Do you have your Grandfather's paperwork for the car? If not, you could order a Marti Report and it has all the info from the day it was ordered and all accessories it had when new. Looking forward to your project pics.
Cking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2021 at 6:26PM
I don't have those no. I will have to definitely order that report though. I can't wait to get to taking pictures and posting. That means I'm just getting closer step by step 
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2021 at 10:14PM
welcome! yes i have some 73 parts available
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Rons73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rons73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2021 at 4:01PM
Going to be a great project!
Cking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2021 at 4:10PM
What all might you have sir? I need a lot for sure
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2021 at 6:58PM
Originally posted by Cking Cking wrote:

What all might you have sir? I need a lot for sure
i have a 73 header panel, grill but has a couple broken spots, headlight housings are pending for another member,doors fenders hood but shipping large items has been an issue latelyCry window trim, nuts bolts, steering columns... i've parted like 7 or 8 cars and still have parts left from some that were scrapped, 3 parts cars currentlyWink

oh and 2 running engines with transmissions...
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Cking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2021 at 12:49AM
Are any of the parts cars for sale and if so how good of shape? I’m gonna need doors quarters floor pans trunk lid hood. I’ve got to do a full restoration to do it right. 
hogfiddles View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2021 at 1:05AM
and if Johnny doesn’t have something you need, I might.....

Where are you located?

Dfox

Edited by hogfiddles - 28-April-2021 at 1:12AM
1973 Gran Torino Sport - Q code “Q-Clone” project-on-hold
1972 Gran Torino Sport - Q code new project
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
95+/- mid-80's Yamaha XJ-Series (10 trophies)
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2021 at 2:26AM
I have 3 14X7 rims and tires from a1973 Gran Torino.  They're yours if you want them. If not they're free to any one who wants to come and get them. 
Steve M.
BerryIsland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BerryIsland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2021 at 8:31AM
I have been accumulating small parts for my Ranchero GT and have found a few Torinos and Rancheros in U-pull yards that I've been picking apart. Some parts I keep, others I put up on ebay and my website.

Keep my website handy: www.berryislandautoparts.com - warm weather is finally here and I'll be hunting parts all summer.
Cking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2021 at 8:33AM
Thank you I’ll definitely check that out. I’m located in Florida around Daytona 
BerryIsland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BerryIsland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2021 at 8:43AM
Do you travel the Midwest at all? If so I'm not afraid to share my good fishing spots with anybody.
Cking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2021 at 10:39AM
It’s rare but on occasion I do. I love fishing. I’m actually heading down to Key Largo tomorrow to do some deep sea fishing 
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2021 at 12:43PM
In Florida West coast Holiday. 
Steve M.
Cking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2021 at 12:46PM
Well dang we’re gonna have to get together and get some poles in the water

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2021 at 2:42PM
   Fishing is nice but it ain't a Gran Torino.
Cking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2021 at 2:43PM
You got that right 
 Post Reply Post Reply