The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

!975 Gran Torino vacuum problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ablemechanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: !975 Gran Torino vacuum problems
    Posted: 24-February-2009 at 11:50AM
I'm restoring a 74 gran torino that looks like a 75 torino. The Title say its a 74.I really don't Know. This is a father son project which is moving along nicely.We recently instaled a new engine with a mildly agresive cam 302 heads 750 carb and headers. We started the car this weekend and runs perfect. I'm having a problem figuring out the vacuum lines due to the eldenbrock manifold is ported differtly and i removed all that pollition stuff egr ect. I'm putting the car on the road as an antique so i don't have to go throuh inspection. Can anybody help me find a vacuum routung diagram I'm especially concerned about the 2 lines to the transmission on the vacuum modulator and where they got to on the engine also i'm trying to figure out how all those hoses can be kept to a minium. This is my first post so i apoligize for any spelling mistakes. Here are some photos of the car under construction.

gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2009 at 2:37PM
I'd like to see a bigger photo of the new engine. Looks very nice all cleaned up.......Is the other photo a before shot??? 
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
castillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2009 at 4:17PM
Thats a great before /after.. 351w into 351w-4v.. List the specific vacuum route you want and I'll compare to my books..It wil help to know carb make/model
Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2009 at 7:27AM
Oooh an Elite. I miss mine, welcome!
Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500
ablemechanic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ablemechanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2009 at 3:41PM

After we discarded the old manifold and installed the new eldenbrock performer manifold I forgot where the transmission vacume lines were attached . Two vacume lines go down to the transmission vacuum modulator and I hooked them up to the modulator -but where do th other ends go up by the engine. Do they both go to the manifold,carb vacume plate?  

castillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2009 at 10:57AM
According to my books the vacuum for 74/75 351-2v is on the firewall.. You need to specify if the car has cruise as this adds a ton of new diagrams and the thermactor adds more lines..
But all listed above go on the firewall..
The 1 towards the front of the trans modulator goes on the vacuum distribution valve and the 1 at the rear of the modulator goes on a small 2 outlet vacuum valve..
In order to route the lines from there I need more info..
Also try autozones web as they have a generic vacuum wiring diagram page..
If you need more info just ask
My dad told me 2 things.. Always drive FORDS and never marry women with names like CHERRY,PEACHES and LEMON
 Post Reply Post Reply