The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Air Deflector

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Deflector
    Posted: 15-February-2004 at 6:13AM
There is a air deflector installed under the front of my 1973 Torino Gran Sport however, it is a Pontiac part. Did Ford install such an air deflector under the front of the 73 Torino and if so, can someone tell me where I may be able to obtain this part.  Thank You
GranTorinoSport View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2004 at 7:18PM
There was no "air defelctor" installed on 73 Torinos.
Scott Eklund

Webmaster
OleDutchD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OleDutchD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2004 at 11:27PM
Mark, as Scott said, there was no deflector available for these cars. I DO have a "period inspired" fiberglass chin spoiler on the "to do" list for my '73 (as well as a handful of other things), but that's down the road a little way yet, AFTER the 'glass bumper is done.

Kevin
Just an analog guy stuck in a digital world!
The Torino Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Torino Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2004 at 8:37AM
are you talking abou the plastic piece that runs allong the bottom of the car(in front of the radiator)that directs air too the radiator under the car!? i have seen 'em on the later models?!
1973 Gran Torino Sport CJ 351

'Q' code 63R body
 Post Reply Post Reply