The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

73 Torino Front Brake System

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73 Rino Sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 73 Torino Front Brake System
    Posted: 26-February-2004 at 5:21AM

1973 Gran Torino Sport Fstbk, 400 block. Power brakes. 

Ok, so I have all new calipers, hoses, pads and rotors...but I have no idea what the brake kit looks like??  I need to know what parts hold the brake pads into the calipers.  I know the key and sliding braces to hold the caliper onto the rotor frame, but don't know all the little parts that keep the pads nice and tight. 

It appears to fit OK, but my mechanic keeps on saying I need the kit...but won't give me the part numbers or a good explanation of what else it needs.  Also, I having a heck of a time finding the correct hoses (return and pressure) for the power steering system.

Any thoughts?

CK

The Torino Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Torino Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-February-2004 at 10:06AM
part number Raybestos# h5431-2 for the anti rattle clips that go on top of the pad too put tension on the pad and part number# h5510(2)i think they're inexspensive. i will double check on the last 2 parts numbers i was looking in my raybestos book but it has no pics! the clips you're looking for snap onto the outside of the pad that centers itself in side the caliper piston! i will have the correct part number saturday when i go too work.hope this helps and tell your mechanic stop being a little bitch!
1973 Gran Torino Sport CJ 351

'Q' code 63R body
73 Rino Sport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73 Rino Sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-March-2004 at 6:09AM

Thanks much, I'll check into those.  And yes my mechanic is a big bitch (but the best I've ever had...that sux worse)!!  Let me know if you find different on the part number.

Thanks,

CK

Post Reply Post Reply