The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

vinyl roof on 71 cobra fastback

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kosinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: vinyl roof on 71 cobra fastback
    Posted: 24-March-2004 at 7:21PM

I am looking for someone who can help me with an uncut 71 Cobra that has a 2 piece vinyl top. This is a winter blue poly fastback with black interior, the hood has body color strips around the perimeter of the hood and goes up in the middle of the front of the hood up to the shaker and it has a faint remnant of what appears to be a black g.t stripe on the bottom of the rockers. I have the chrome for the vinyl top that snaps down onto plastic chrome moulding retainer clips that snap onto welded studs on the top of the roof. There is @ 5 inches of body color that separates the middle of  what I call the 2 pieces and goes to about the middle of the rear quarter glass; fans out and discontinues at the rear of the drip edge moulding at its outermost point. The chrome looks correct and I still have the vinyl pieces that were glued and stitched and it almost seems factory because the vinyl pieces are not very big. The car has been owned by the person I received it from since @ 6 months old. I do not know if this is a spring promo car or what but it will look way cool once restored. Any info. will help and I'm looking at getting a full report from

Marti's. For anyone interested in helping me the VIN is as follows:

1H38J129876  The color is a Q with a CA trim

Post Reply Post Reply