The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1968 Torino GT Fastback

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redman71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1968 Torino GT Fastback
    Posted: 13-October-2009 at 8:56AM
Hey guys, looks like Im the new guy around. Just wanted to show my project Im just getting going on. It needs a lot of love and care, but Im in it for the long haul. Its a 1968 Torino GT Fastback. I have the build sheet and all, its originally had a 302, C4 auto, A/C, power steering, front disc brakes, bucket seats. Still has the 9" rear end with the 3:00 gears in it. 

Car was built in Atlanta, purchased in Little Rock, Arkanas, and somehow ended up in Oklahoma........Over all the car is really straight, solid rockers, doors. Needs new floors, lower rear quarter, possibly a new deck lid. I just picked up a jewel of a new hood for a whopping $100 in oddly enough Oklahoma.

Edited by redman71 - 20-October-2009 at 1:52PM
cjbob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2009 at 3:01PM
Redman 71 -- Great project car ...Good to see 68 GT FB saved! Nice to find those goodies under the seat..Good Luck with your Torino project.
69 Mercury Cyclone CJ, Sunny Florida, a Good Looking Woman...Life is Good!
redman71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redman71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2009 at 3:35PM
Originally posted by cjbob cjbob wrote:

Redman 71 -- Great project car ...Good to see 68 GT FB saved! Nice to find those goodies under the seat..Good Luck with your Torino project.

Thanks cjbob! Not bad for a $500 roller huh.......Wink Im in the process of making room in the garage, so I can finish the complete tear down I started. Gotta save up some extra dough, so I can send it off to the media blaster to get glass bead blasted. I did order some Safest Rust Remover, that a buddy of mine in Wisconsin recommended to me. Looks like great stuff, check out the slide show on their website if you get a chance. 

http://www.safestrustremover.com/

Im going to get going on restoring a lot of the latchs, trim, etc in the meantime with thsi stuff.....check it out. Later! 

Edited by redman71 - 13-October-2009 at 3:42PM
redman71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redman71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-October-2009 at 1:54PM
Got the Marti Report back for my car.......

albo74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albo74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2009 at 1:28AM
 sorry to  jump in  What a great find ,  you probably already have a plan,  has anyone seen the  69 torino in dec. muscle car review ?  really nice resto ,old news maybe
albos73gts
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2009 at 6:38AM
that safe rust stuff is COOL STUFF!

How are things going with the car?
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
 Post Reply Post Reply