The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paging Oledutchd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paging Oledutchd
    Posted: 27-April-2004 at 7:55PM

How are the 'glass body parts coming?

Jim

1976 S&H Gran Torino

460/C6/4.33 13.05@105.6

545/C6/3.56 11.52@117.8

More to come!!!!

463rwhp/495rwtq

two tons of fun

see it and hear it at:

www.torinocobra.com

www.st
OleDutchD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OleDutchD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2004 at 11:15PM
The good news is that bumper pattern is off the car and jigged up on the bench now, and the hood is right beside it.... it also looks as if I'm going to be recalled to work very soon. And that's all great! The bad news is that I'll most likely be assigned (stuck) to the new swing shift, rotating 12 hour shifts..2 days on, 2 days off ...... for quite some time (read: years).

I really am not sure what to say or do until I get back inside and see what the schedule is going to do to me physically, and emotionally with my wife and kids.

It's ALWAYS good to return to work, especially in this day and age, but sometimes I wonder at what cost?

Wish us/me luck, and I'll keep you posted.

Kevin
Just an analog guy stuck in a digital world!
JimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2004 at 6:46PM

Best of luck!!! (several people here do the swing shifts and they seem to actually like the extra days off)

Please keep us informed as I'm on the fence as to whether or not I'm going to salvage a rusty '72 hood and graft it's scoop into mine, or wait for your glass piece..

Thanks!

Jim

1976 S&H Gran Torino

460/C6/4.33 13.05@105.6

545/C6/3.56 11.52@117.8

More to come!!!!

463rwhp/495rwtq

two tons of fun

see it and hear it at:

www.torinocobra.com

www.st
jstur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jstur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2004 at 5:15AM

Are you still working on the laser stripe kits for the 73 Torino?  Last time I heard, the kits were almost ready.

Thanks,

James Turner

JSTurner
OleDutchD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OleDutchD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2004 at 5:12PM
Jim, yes, the pattern work is all but complete, but things have pretty much ground to a temporary halt around here. Without going into a great deal of detail, let's just say that circumstances have been (and will BE for a while) demanding my time and attention in other areas of my life. I've also returned to work, and with the future being uncertain at best, it's the prudent thing for me to take advantage of overtime right now and put away for another rainy day.
I'm not bailing out on anything,..... just putting it on the back burner for the moment so I can "take care of business".

Kevin
Just an analog guy stuck in a digital world!
 Post Reply Post Reply