The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carlisle All Ford Nationals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1974xr7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carlisle All Ford Nationals
    Posted: 30-January-2010 at 11:27AM
Just curious how many on here attend? Me and my wife have gone for the last ten years missing one year. Always a real good time, when it's not raining.LOL For the Ford,Lincoln,Mercury enthusiast it is a must. Will be going this year and driving my recently purchased 04 Mach 1. Maybe we can get a few on here together. I met JimW last year. Good people.
Always looking for 1974 Q codes
iangj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iangj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2010 at 11:54AM
Been there the last 10 years also and will be there agin this June.
Most of those years were involved with the Merkur contingent. If the Rally car isn't sold by June I will be taking it again for the Merkur 25th anniversary special in building G.
If it's gone (damn, I hope so) I'll be on the ever continuous hunt for Montego GT parts.
I was hanging out with the Montego GT group last year.
Hopefully we may meet up.
Ian Glyn-Jones
Fonthill, Ontario, Canada
Wish I had My Baby Back

Montego GT Registry
Forum; http://mmgt.forumchitchat.com/
73GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2010 at 11:55AM
I'm always there. I'm a vendor in C17 & C18. Stop byThumbs Up
Jim

iangj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iangj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2010 at 11:56AM
Good to know Jim. I'm writing that down right now so I don't forget!!!
Ian Glyn-Jones
Fonthill, Ontario, Canada
Wish I had My Baby Back

Montego GT Registry
Forum; http://mmgt.forumchitchat.com/
albo74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albo74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2010 at 12:17PM

Never been , but if I was going to ,    rooms are at a premium for sure , any place you would recomend , do you need to book a year ahead ? better deals a few miles out? No rain dances please. I can't get the car wet . do you sell sham-wows .

Edited by albo74 - 30-January-2010 at 12:23PM
albos73gts
73GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2010 at 12:23PM
I stay at Motel 6 on 11. Very reasonable, and close by.   
1153 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle, Pa 17013
717-249-7622

Edited by 73GTS - 30-January-2010 at 12:33PM
Jim

albo74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albo74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2010 at 12:38PM
So you don't reserve a room you just drive down and that it? Plenty of lodging ?  got a least 10 hours on the road ,have 550
miles so maybe stay one night half way. how many days does it go? I think I would have to make a reservation.
albos73gts
VorbottenO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VorbottenO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2010 at 12:44PM
What are the dates? I have not been before but will be itching to go and had planned on driving it to Indy for my family to see the N code.
Dad is still trying to find some photos of the 72 GTS I had in highschool. Darn ex-wife absconded with my copies.

Eric
72GTS-Ncode (429-477ci)

73GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2010 at 1:07PM
Originally posted by albo74 albo74 wrote:

So you don't reserve a room you just drive down and that it? Plenty of lodging ?  got a least 10 hours on the road ,have 550
miles so maybe stay one night half way. how many days does it go? I think I would have to make a reservation.

I sign up every year when I'm there for the next. If I were you I would reserve a room ASAP.
Jim

73GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2010 at 1:10PM
Originally posted by VorbottenO VorbottenO wrote:

What are the dates? I have not been before but will be itching to go and had planned on driving it to Indy for my family to see the N code.
Dad is still trying to find some photos of the 72 GTS I had in highschool. Darn ex-wife absconded with my copies.

Friday 6/4 - Sun 6/6 but Thursday is a good day to be there. Big smile
Jim

Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2010 at 2:09PM
I would love to go as well!

Have ALWAYS wanted to go.
Not sure I will have the Torino done!
Probably driving the 90 Thunderbird SC.
IF the Torino was done I would be trailering the T-Bird behind the Torino!
That would be a good site!
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2010 at 8:09PM
Not going to make the nats, this year.
I have an appointment with a 7 day wandering caravan...
Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
JimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2010 at 2:10AM

I've been going for the last 8 years solid..  (I also made it the very first year back in 1995)

We typically stay out in Mechanicsburg, no problems getting a room, it's just a little bit of a drive in..

Friday is cool in that the crowds aren't bad, and there is drag racing at night..

Jim
1976 S&H Gran Torino

460/C6/4.33 13.05@105.6

545/C6/3.56 11.52@117.8

More to come!!!!

463rwhp/495rwtq

two tons of fun

see it and hear it at:

www.torinocobra.com

www.st
moose0211 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moose0211 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2010 at 4:26AM
I might come up, hopefully I will have the torino at least all one colorLOL. Is there a regristration that I would have to fill out or do I just show up? Also, are there any good campgrounds in the area?
JimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2010 at 4:57PM
They actually have camper parking on site, you can get a space when you register, kind of neat to think about it..  Walk out of your house onto the show field..
:-)

Jim
1976 S&H Gran Torino

460/C6/4.33 13.05@105.6

545/C6/3.56 11.52@117.8

More to come!!!!

463rwhp/495rwtq

two tons of fun

see it and hear it at:

www.torinocobra.com

www.st
interceptor460 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote interceptor460 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2010 at 5:26PM
 For 4 years my friends tell me to go. I just get away for those few days . I go to local shows. I hear its a great show . I could sell most of my parts if I could get away. I guess I will settle with selling my items on the internet come spring time.
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2010 at 5:28PM
I go every year. If not for parts, than for inspiration. I have yet to meet anyone there - yet. However I have seen Jim's car there. To those who find hotels booked and they are I would check the surrounding areas. I am about thirty minutes from Carlisle but it's not a bad ride if you are a morning person. I can't imagine hotels this far our being booked this far away or even a bit closer. I usually leave here in the morning and stay all day, the hardest part being parking but so far so good. 
I so like Carlisle I don't even attend Hershey anymore, and I live here. I did take in the Goodguys show two years ago however. 

Chuck 

Edited by lynchster - 31-January-2010 at 5:30PM
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
13 Taurus SHO "Mr Pig"
crispy23c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crispy23c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2010 at 1:55AM
My wife & I are seriously considering it, I think it would be a great time and we have never been!
~Chris
Chris P. '73 GTS FastBack 351CJ-4V Triple black

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark
72BlackGTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72BlackGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2010 at 2:02AM
We are going again this year. We stay in Lancaster and drive over in the morning. I always find some pieces that I need. Love the cars. We don't go to Hershey or any of the other Carlisle events anymore. Just seems to be a waste of time when your only working on Fords or interested in Ford and you have to search through all the other stuff hoping to find that elusive part.

Saves time really. If you havn't been and can go, you really should do it at least once.   Ron
Ron
1978 LTD II Sport-Green
2003 HD Road King Classic 100th Anniversary
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2010 at 5:28PM
Wife and I talked about options, and we decided because she wanted a week "vacation" and she actually brought up powertour, how could I say no to that?
We have discussed the nationals, but I took powertour instead. 
Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2010 at 6:00AM
I'd love to go but June isn't going to work. My parents are coming to Texas from Ohio that whole week.

I'll be in NYC in August and October but Carlisle in June unfortunately won't be happening. Eventually I want my car nice enough to drive to some of these things, the AOD swap will help with the fuel bills, and once my interior is done and the silver blue glow is on, I won't be able to stop myself from attending anywhere I can get away to!
08 Uplander LS, 262K, broken again
08 Explorer EB, 195K, for the wife
still looking for another something
 Post Reply Post Reply