The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

polishing alumnium wheels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: polishing alumnium wheels
    Posted: 20-July-2004 at 1:50AM
  I AM VERY UN HAPPY I JUST SPENT 2 HOURS ATTEMPTING TO POLISH AN AMERICAN RACING TORQ THRUST WHEEL AND IT STILL LOOKE LIKE SH... WELL IT DOES NOT LOOK GOOD  THERE MUST BE A METHOD TO DO THIS OR MAYBE ONE OF YOU FINE PEOPLE KNOW OF A SHOP THAT DOES THIS KIND OF WORK I AM LOCATED OUTSIDE OF BALTIMORE MARYLAND   THANKS   CONARD
conard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2004 at 1:24AM
   hey that is a picture of me patting my self on the back i figured this out drive down to home depot and buy some of the sand sponges like what is used to sand dry wall then starting with the rough ones wet sand the rims proceeding to the smoothest one ending up with 600 grit sand paper wash the rim in soap and water dry then polish with mothers wheel polish using a drill and a polishing wheel i have only 125.00 into a set of torq thrust and five hours work and from 10 feet they look new  
 Post Reply Post Reply