The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1971 torino NEED INFORMATION NEED HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edsrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1971 torino NEED INFORMATION NEED HELP!
    Posted: 28-April-2010 at 6:23AM
just picked up this torino. currently has a 351c abandoned engine. just have some questions and looking for advise? the vin is normal but for the engine code is  F ? VIN > [ 1A30FXXXXXX ].  BODY 65C COL V AXEL 6 TRANS W DSO 22. THATS ALL I HAVE! now the questions are ?> has the GT emblem with the shark fins behind the doors. has the solid rear honeycomb tail light with the 2 black trim above. has the circle GT emblem in the grille. was an AC car but no powerbrakes? has bucket seats with a little emblem in the top center about the size of a golf pencil? 9 inch ford rear end very solid floors and under carrage, has some bondo in the quarters above the wheels. has the scoop on the hood but not functional. no pictuers right now its in my pole barn awaiting attention when money grows on trees. was just wondering what i have???? if anything special ????? is it worth going back factory????  or just make a driver and enjoy???   thank you !!!  ill await some replies and advise!   newbee in ohio!  Eddie

Edited by edsrod - 29-April-2010 at 3:17PM
dont crush -em - cruise - em
ramair351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramair351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2010 at 4:00AM
"has bucket seats with a little emblem in the top center about the size of a golf pencil?"

that sounds like a MACH 1  seat.
-Pete
1972 montego GT
1970 Torino cobra SCJ
1970 mustang mach 1
1965 Falcon futura

stuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2010 at 1:42PM
 sounds like a gt with a cleveland honeycomb and buckets very cool. ram air shaker is the only scoop that functions or at least suppose to. cool car 
michigan
73GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-August-2010 at 2:36PM
 <F ? VIN > [ 1A30FXXXXXX ].  BODY 65C COL V AXEL 6 TRANS W DSO 22.>

If this is the info on the door, I'd say there's a problem. Does the dash vin match the door and title? There are also 2 vin tags under the front fenders I'd be looking at. Then get a Marti report on the correct vin. 
The description you give sounds like a GT Fastback. Your description of the buckets sounds like they are not correct for the car, and based on the vin info (if correct) should be 8" rear not 9".  
Here's the break down on what you gave us..............

1= 1971
A= Atlanta
30= Torino Formal Roof (30 is the sales order code)
F= 302 2v v8
Body 65C=  Torino Formal Roof (body code) (same as 30)
Col V= Light Pewter Metallic
Axle 6= 3.00 open
Trans W= C4 Cruise-O-Matic
DSO22= Charlotte

Hope this all helps!
Jim

Post Reply Post Reply