The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1977-1979 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vacuum Lines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vacuum Lines
    Posted: 21-June-2010 at 4:29PM
I have a 1977 ford f250 with a 351m 400 and I just had the carburator rebuilt with the jets bored out. Its not idling smooth and I'm afraid i don't have the vacuum lines hooked up correctly. Its been sitting for two years so I also replaced the fuel sending unit, fuel pump, fuel filter and cleaned the tank out. I,ve looked for a manual with a diagram in it online but no luck can someone help me out please
GranTorinoSport View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-June-2010 at 8:18AM
Unless someone happens to have a truck vacuum and wiring diagram, you are best off to check your local library or better yet the library at a local community college where they have an automotive program. Generally CC libraries have the best selection of those documents.
Scott Eklund

Webmaster
nickchill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-June-2010 at 5:21PM
thank you
GranTorinoSport View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-June-2010 at 6:23AM
Just remember that since yours is an F250, it will have less "stuff" when it comes to vacuum and other emissions items. The heavier gross weight trucks were generally exempt from much of the EPA requirements, at least they were several years behind.

My 71 F250 for example has no fuel tank or carb evaporative emissions on it, where as the same 71 F100 will have all of it.
Scott Eklund

Webmaster
nickchill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2010 at 4:19AM
Thank You I think now its runing alot better but idle still is alittle off but working the kinks out
 Post Reply Post Reply