The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > 335 Series Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hmmm, rather peculiar 400

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torkair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hmmm, rather peculiar 400
    Posted: 12-July-2010 at 7:02PM
While unloading my 400 from my buddy's truck today I noticed that there were cast on provisions for small block motor mounts.  They weren't drilled or threaded or anything just blank bosses, I'll take some pics tomorrow when I start cleaning it up and putting the new parts in.
72 Gran Torino "sport"- in progress

73 Ranchero GT- Q code-460/C6/3.25 open rear
Skinnys Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skinnys Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2010 at 7:35PM
You might want to check the back to see if it's one of the "dual bell" versions. Both small block and regular 400 (429-460 style) pattern on the same block. I think they were early production, I've only seen one. 
torkair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torkair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2010 at 6:16AM
I checked and it's only got the double pattern mounts, would have been hard pressed to keep it if it was double pattern all across as those blocks are worth a fair bit of torino$$$$.  Dissassembly, cleaning, and reassembly pics to follow over the next couple days :)

Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2010 at 6:28PM
are the 2nd set of mounts complete or is there a bolt boss missing like the FMX dual bell pattern blocks?

it's the rear boss on the oil filter side that missing, there's a boss close but in the wrong place
torkair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torkair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2010 at 7:49PM
Yep, thats pretty much what I've got

Blue71GT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue71GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2011 at 6:18PM
I thought you could drill and tap those for windsor mounts but I guess not.
 Post Reply Post Reply