The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Guy Checking IN. Pics OF 72 GTS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith_84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Guy Checking IN. Pics OF 72 GTS
    Posted: 22-October-2005 at 1:12AM

Hello,

I am new to the board, and a new Torino owner.

I bought my 1972 Gran Torino Sport whille on my 2 Week R&R in the States. I am 21 years old and I am currently in Iraq Trailblazing the violent roads of Iraq. Trailblazers are Bomb Hunters, we patrol looking for roadside bombs, bad guys, and anything out of the ordinary.

But on to the good Stuff, here are some basic specs on the car.

-1972 Gran Torino Sport

- Original 351c and c4 Trans. Both are in increadible shape.

-Holly 750 SINGLE pump carb ( I have a 650 double pump carb waiting to be installed when i get home)

-EddleBrock Preformer

-Mild Summit cam.

-B&M Shift Kit

-Heddman Hedders

- Dyno Max Exhuast : (

-Cragger SS Wheels

Picutres of Iraq

Me with an Ak-90

Me and m Buddy

this picture always makes me laugh

Anger Managment

An Iraqi Army Truck that was hit by a roadside bomb. Quite a few iraqi soldiers were killed.

Edited by Keith_84
mcford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2005 at 10:14AM

sweet torino!  and a big thank you for doing what you're doing.  stay safe and come home to enjoy the torino!  how much longer ya got in the sandbox?

mike

Keith_84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith_84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2005 at 10:17AM

We come home in december which will be our 14th month here. It's going to suck having to wait till April/June to bring out the Torino. It will be well worth the wait though.

Edited by Keith_84
The Torino Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Torino Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2005 at 6:29PM
Great Ride,you more than deserve it! Come home safe and Thank you!
1973 Gran Torino Sport CJ 351

'Q' code 63R body
TorinoCyclone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinoCyclone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2005 at 9:06PM

Congrats on the ride and safe home!

Nevsryd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevsryd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2005 at 1:11AM
Great Ride! Thank you for the sacrifices which you are making. God keep you and your friends safe!
Torinogts73c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torinogts73c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2005 at 3:41AM

Nice car!! Have a safe trip home!

Gary 73 Gran Torino Sport 351CJ,17 Mustang Ecoboost,15 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD, Ford Ranger parts hauler

"Never complain Never explain" Henry Ford
JimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-October-2005 at 2:17AM

Great car, and thanks for all your doing.  Hopefully I'll see ya at a show or at the track sometime!

Jim

1976 S&H Gran Torino

460/C6/4.33 13.05@105.6

545/C6/3.56 11.52@117.8

More to come!!!!

463rwhp/495rwtq

two tons of fun

see it and hear it at:

www.torinocobra.com

www.st
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2005 at 12:12PM

Hi Keith,

What a beauty she is!!!  Mine is not as good looking, but what can I say?  It's Canada for you.  Just keep yourself safe out there and come home in one piece.  I'm retired from the Canadian Air Force.

Keith_84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith_84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2006 at 7:40PM

I finaly made it home. I picked up some new heads, cam, and 750 dp demon carb for the 351c. I cant wait to put everyting on over weekend.

Post Reply Post Reply