The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cragar SS Uni-lug Lug Nut Washer Help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregs72Sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cragar SS Uni-lug Lug Nut Washer Help?
    Posted: 06-February-2006 at 5:52AM
OK. I have finally decided to get a set of new 15x8 Cragar S/S with some of my tax refund this year. They are all uni-lug these days and for some reason I am getting more and more confused trying to figure out what lug nut set I need. I see sets listed on ebay for Cragar's but they have many different sets. Short, long, 7/16 threads, 1/2 threads, 12x1.50, center washers, offset washers. These Cragars are going on a 1972 Gran Torino. Can someone please help with what lugs I need for these wheels? Here is a auction off of ebay for lugs. Its not mine I just thought it might help someone understand my brain freeze. Thanks Greg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cragar-Mag-Wheel-Lug-Nuts-Lug s-Nut-with-Washers-New_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33749QQite mZ8035572678QQrdZ1
meemooer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meemooer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-February-2006 at 1:23PM
i can't tell you what lugs you need but i had long acorn type chrome lugnuts, with offset chrome washers, on my old torino. Thats how it was when i bought it, and mounting the wheels was awful with the unilugs, try to get the 5x4.5? bolt pattern. I know it's the same bolt pattern as my '01 ranger, and most jeeps.
Nevsryd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevsryd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2006 at 12:15PM
I may be able to help, I have several used sets of lug nuts, if you still have not resolved the issue give me your mailing address and I can send you a couple of each then you can mount one wheel and know what it is you need. The rescessed ones are a pain!
Gregs72Sport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregs72Sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2006 at 4:30PM
I have looked at some used Cragar's and finding 5x4.5 is not as easy as it sounds. 15x8 in 5x4.5 is even tougher. Older 14x6 or 7 maybe. So it looks like I will stick with the new ones that way I can get the 15x8 I want. These wheels and tires are going on a car that is going to be used for a once in a while trip around town and to decorate my garage. I did get a set of lugs with the offset washers. I was told to put the washers and lugs on by hand and to hand tighten first to make sure the washer is seated then torque them down. I may be asking for a headache but I dont see much option when going with the Cragars. The reason I am sticking with the Cragar idea is that I am building this Gran Torino to be a duplicate of my first car in HS 25 years ago and it just wouldnt be the same w/o S/S's like my first Gran Torino had. Thanks everyone. Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply