The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1971 squire 351c 2v

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1971squire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1971 squire 351c 2v
    Posted: 21-March-2011 at 2:35PM
hi. i just bought a 1971 torino squire with a 351c 2v. the oil filler cap has a pcv valve in it that's plugged off. there's another pcv valve in the passenger side valve cover that has a hose into the air cleaner. is there supposed to be hose from the oil filler cap? if so, where should it go? i've read it should go to the carb spacer plate but there is some other device sticking out the back of that; looks a little like a vacuum advance. thanks for any help.
1971 Squire Wagon
351C 2V
C4
Robscyclone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robscyclone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2011 at 1:39PM
hard to tell w/o a photo as things were likely swapped around in the past 40years
70 351C and 71 351C swapped which sides the PCV is and which side the gromet/adapter/hose to the aircleaner-breather element is.
Depending on which parts you have- you need to set it back up one way or the other (air cleaner hole dependent...for the breather filter)
The 2V usually has a port of the back side that the PCV hose goes to....and it needs to get filtered air in the other valvecover
email me from the registry site if you have questions

CYCLONE MONTEGO TORINO REGISTRY

http://clubs.hemmings.com/cyclonemontegotorinoregistry/     
1971squire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1971squire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2011 at 2:59PM
Thanks Rob. I'll send an email. I've looked at more closely and may have more information.
1971 Squire Wagon
351C 2V
C4
1971squire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1971squire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2011 at 6:54AM
Ok, here's what I've learned. I think the setup should be filtered air in from passenger side of air cleaner to grommet in rear of passenger side valve cover, PCV valve in oil filler cap on front of driver side valve cover, Hose from PCV valve to carb spacer plate.
It looks like the carb and spacer have been replaced. From what I can tell it's now a Motorcraft 2150 part number D8WE-EA from about 1977-1978. The spacer plate has what looks like EGR setup instead of PCV nipple. The EGR vacuum line has been connected at the intake manifold along with the large line to the tree.
Anyone see a problem if I replace the spacer plate and plug the vacuum line from what I think is the EGR?
Thanks again.
1971 Squire Wagon
351C 2V
C4
 Post Reply Post Reply