The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sportsroof or Fastback?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69GT428CJRAMAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sportsroof or Fastback?
    Posted: 15-March-2006 at 1:40PM

What is the difference..........I can't seem to find any.  I know what the hardtop cars look like, but all the literature that I look at either says sportsroof or fastback........they seem to look the same to me.  Is there a difference?

Thanks

PearsonFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearsonFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2006 at 11:41AM
I allways thought those names were interchangeable ,but I'm not sure.

"It is our choices,....that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." Albus Dumbledore
69GT428CJRAMAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69GT428CJRAMAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2006 at 3:03PM

Actually just today I read something somewhere where they were referred to as the sportsroof fastback.  In most other literature that I had read it was labeled as one or the other. 

Oh, by the way, I just talked to a guy that has a NOS or mint Montego hood for sale.  Not sure what year.....but could put you in touch if interested.  Sounded like it had scoops on it if I remember.

brake1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brake1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2006 at 5:04AM

I think they are known as formal roofs

torino390 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torino390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2006 at 9:35AM
sportroof and fastback are the same thing. the torino was originally known as a sportroof, the mustang the fastback. but over the years the two terms have been used for just about any ford car with that body/roof style.
 Post Reply Post Reply