The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

68 gt -2 tone aqua interior

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jedclampit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 68 gt -2 tone aqua interior
    Posted: 20-April-2011 at 7:14AM
Starting a restoration on a 1968 Torino GT that has been in storage for 21 years, it has  a 2 tone aqua interior. Looking for a source for quality upholstery.... and good pricing.
Also can anyone tell me the correct color for the carpet? Mine has been gone so long I don't remember if it was dark blue, light blue or aqua.
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2011 at 2:29AM
Jed,
Dearborn Classics has a great catalog and wide selection of parts especially for the early year Torinos.
The website sucks since it was taken over by a new company but sign up and request a catalog. The hard copy that comes in the mail is awesome!!
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
GTS73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTS73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2011 at 3:13AM
Are you able to locate the build sheet? I just recently found the sheet for my '68 GT Fastback that I am in the process of restoring. It was under the seat of the rear bench, up in the springs. I was a happy guy that day. My reaction probably looked similar to:

Shocked   Big smile   Hug   Party   Beer   Clown

Cross your fingers and have a look there.

As far as sources:
http://www.dearbornclassics.com - use the `Fairlane / Torino` catalog as Carl mentioned
http://www.classicautoparts.com - get their `1962-72 Fairlane` catalog as well, I feel it's just as good as Dearborn's, if not better
http://www.autokrafters.com - a good third source... the `Fairlane / Torino / Ranchero` catalog... often times they have better pricing (in my experience)

Edited by GTS73 - 25-April-2011 at 3:36AM
-Keith

`04 Wrangler Sport
`73 Gran Torino - sold :(
`68 Torino GT Fastback
GTS73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTS73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2011 at 5:04AM
By the way, do you need a set of front door panels? And would this be the color blue you are after?

Pic from Dearborn's product page:
http://www.dearbornclassics.com/68-69-torino-gt-door-panels-front.html
...and the pic from the ebay auction I mention below:
http://i.ebayimg.com/01/!CB2KS6QCGk~$%28KGrHqIOKkQE0UGDuyg3BNJM,5fhWQ~~_12.JPG

I have a brand new unopened set of these reproduction panels in this color blue. I am re-doing mine in black. I already had a set of black panels, but bought this set off ebay because it was cheaper than the $250 price from Dearborn and color didn't matter since I was only after the emblems. I do have the original emblems but they are absolutely wasted and the cost to have them refinished was prohibitive. I would be willing to sell the panels at a drastically reduced price if you want a cheap set of panels without the emblems. :)

I was planning on putting them back up on ebay over the next day or so... ideally, I'd like to get $75 shipped.

Edited by GTS73 - 25-April-2011 at 8:22AM
-Keith

`04 Wrangler Sport
`68 Torino GT Fastback
jedclampit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jedclampit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2011 at 6:52AM
Thanks for the replys all!
 That is the color!
Are your seats 2 tone dark and light?
 What are your codes for interior?
I may buy the panels....will check the condition of mine in the next few days if you still have them.
I have a set of black door panels from a 1969, the complete doors also,  they have been stored indoors for a loooooooong time.
Where are you located?
fordnmerc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordnmerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2011 at 7:31AM
Heard a lot of good things about this company:

They have a lot of good stuff, including bolts of original seat fabric NOS.
David
GTS73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTS73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2011 at 8:06AM
Originally posted by jedclampit jedclampit wrote:

Thanks for the replys all!
 That is the color!
Are your seats 2 tone dark and light?
 What are your codes for interior?
I may buy the panels....will check the condition of mine in the next few days if you still have them.
I have a set of black door panels from a 1969, the complete doors also,  they have been stored indoors for a loooooooong time.
Where are you located?

I'm in Mountain Top, PA. My '68 is not the original color. It was originally green paint with a green interior (the seats were indeed two-tone dark/light green), but I am re-doing everything in black.

I am actually going over my build sheet now.  There are two columns to the right of `Warranty Plate Code` which are titled `Paint ` and `Trim`.

`Paint lower` is `I`, `Paint upper` is empty... which makes sense (guessing) since it wasn't a two-tone exterior.

`Trim` is difficult to read, a spring left some smudge marks across the left side of the column, but it appears to be `GG`. I am guessing `G` would be green, and `GG` is two-tone green?

It doesn't appear to have any actual color codes anywhere.

Originally posted by fordnmerc fordnmerc wrote:

Heard a lot of good things about this company:

They have a lot of good stuff, including bolts of original seat fabric NOS.

D'oh... funny you should bring them up. I just ordered their catalog last week.

Edited by GTS73 - 25-April-2011 at 8:23AM
-Keith

`04 Wrangler Sport
`68 Torino GT Fastback
jedclampit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jedclampit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2011 at 9:29AM
I'm in Pa also, just outside of Pittsburgh.
I have seat covers coming from Dearborn Classics, hopefully they are the correct color, the sales girl didn't have a clue..on anything!Ouch
Does your have a console..and ..auto or manual trans? The reason I ask is mine was originally a column shift and I need to buy or fabricate the rod from the shifter to the trans, looking for a picture or more info on the length and shape.
GTS73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTS73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2011 at 9:32AM
Mine is a 289 J-code with console and 4-speed manual C4. The interior is currently stripped down to nothing at the moment... just getting ready to coat it with POR-15... then insulation, padding, underlayment, and finally carpet... woohoo.

What type of pictures do you need? Anything from the inside I can handle. The shift boot is on but currently unbolted so I can easily look down at the tranny. If you need any shots from underneath, might not be able to help you there with my current setup. :\

Edited by GTS73 - 25-April-2011 at 9:39AM
-Keith

`04 Wrangler Sport
`68 Torino GT Fastback
GTS73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTS73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2011 at 1:27PM
Now that I've thought about it, my understanding was that you're plan was to convert it to a manual. After re-reading your message I'm thinking that's not the case. :\ So sorry if that last message made no sense. :)
-Keith

`04 Wrangler Sport
`68 Torino GT Fastback
 Post Reply Post Reply