The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fast& Furious wrecked 72 GTS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fast& Furious wrecked 72 GTS
    Posted: 13-July-2011 at 9:26AM
72BoB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72BoB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2011 at 3:01AM
Well, at least the one original 429/4spd car was saved...

While it is a travesty that they destroyed so many of the cars, it is great because of how much more visible it made our cars. Since Gran Torino and Fast and Furious came out, the number of parts you could find through eBay, CL, and other sources has more than quadrupled. I remember when there was less than 500 or so items on eBay for a 72 Torino... Now there are over 13,000... Granted, a lot are multiple posts by parts suppliers, but still, they weren't there 5 years ago...
1972 Torino
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2011 at 4:59AM
Guys. Old stuff.
They killed 14 GTS for that movie.

I forget who, but heard someone managed to save alot of the 4 speed parts off the wrecked cars.
Last picture I was trying to locate, was just a pile of smashed stunt cars. Made me sick to see.

But, then again, Hollywood, what do they care?
Just look at what they did in the new Green Hornet movie and all those Chrysler Imperials.
Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
GranTorinoSport View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2011 at 7:38AM
Good reason they should stop making the hokey "Fast & Furious" movies.
Scott Eklund

Webmaster
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2011 at 8:06AM
I don't care if they kill modern cars but when they destroy good classic cars that we are trying so hard to save and look at all those cars Andy posted and how many of us would have like to have one of those cars and restore correctly and drive it and not beat it to death as they did.It really is ashame that they did this to such a rare one year only car
72BoB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72BoB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2011 at 5:34AM
Everywhere I had seen and heard, they only had 9 cars, not 14...
1972 Torino
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2011 at 5:39AM
Hmm, I swore it was 14?

Granted, from what I saw, they had taken some cars that were beyond dead.

Still, think of how many good parts were destroyed for the S&H movie?

GranTorinoSport View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2011 at 5:59PM
I was in a class once with a guy's claim to fame being that he had owned "every car in the F&F movies".

When I quizzed him about the Mustang (in the first) etc... He just said "no, the cool cars dummy".

Never like F&F, but I seriously hated the movie chain after that.
Scott Eklund

Webmaster
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2011 at 3:08AM
I like them when they are racing around but when they start beating them is where I have a problem.I even resent the fact they beat that 72 GTS back in the day in the movie Fear is Key that someone posted
stanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2011 at 3:20AM
Originally posted by GranTorinoSport GranTorinoSport wrote:

I was in a class once with a guy's claim to fame being that he had owned "every car in the F&F movies".

When I quizzed him about the Mustang (in the first) etc... He just said "no, the cool cars dummy".

Never like F&F, but I seriously hated the movie chain after that.

This reminds me of what my Grandmother told me on her death bed. She whispered in my ear, with her dying breath she said, "Stan, no matter where you go in life, there will always be at least one f***ing assh*le.".................Big smile
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2011 at 5:53AM

I prefer to think of it as this:

Most every car will eventually dies. Not ever car, though, truley gets to LIVE.

I prefer to think my car is currently living quite well right now. Despite the fact I do, in fact, drive it on par with the FNF4 movie at times...minus the extreme jumps and ramming other cars part.

72Chero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72Chero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-August-2011 at 2:55PM
The upside is.... that makes those living and driving that much more respected. :)
I have nothing against 4 bangers, heck I have two under my hood. :) COBRA JETS RULE
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2011 at 2:27AM
True words. Despite the fact that I hate to see classics torn up in movies, at least it is on film to remind those of us familiar (and educate those unaware) of these cars after they are long gone. This cannot be said of the same car sitting in a field rusting into oblivion until a scrapper quietly takes it to the crusher for scrap - ending it's life with no impact or memory.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
72BoB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72BoB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2011 at 4:33AM
On a good note though... Think of how hard it was to find anything for a 72 Torino before Gran Torino and F&F came out... The numer of pages on eBay jumped from around 15 to over 250.
1972 Torino
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2011 at 10:39AM
yes that is very true but some think the stuff is worth a fortune because of it and that is not the case, so in fact it has kinda driven the prices up but more used parts are coming available. just wish we would get more support from reproduction parts for our cars. the Chevy and Mopars can practically be built all from new parts and yet us Ford except for the early Mustangs have limited reproduction parts available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2011 at 1:52AM
HA! No kidding. I have 2 Torinos and an early Cougar. Practically nothing available for either. You would think a majority of early Mustang parts would fit the cat, but other than seats and drivetrain/suspension, it is not the case.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2011 at 6:13AM
Mustangs were unibody that is why

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2011 at 7:09AM
So are '68 Cougars. Different body panels, interiors, longer wheelbase. Very few interchangables.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2011 at 1:03PM
I with help posted some pic of my 79 ltd2 They are in the photo gal. I think?
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2011 at 1:06PM
Help they are in the how to post pic section. Don't you love comp dummies
s2kCRick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s2kCRick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2011 at 10:48AM
What kind of wheels are those on the F&F GTS?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-November-2011 at 6:34AM
The wheels are copies of the GT500 wheels that I want to say was offered on the FR500 mustangs.

Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-November-2011 at 6:36AM
Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500
Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2012 at 3:19PM
It sucks they destroyed that many GTS's.But you can also blame the guys that sold their cars to Hollywood for such a movie.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2012 at 2:24AM
I have to be honest. If someone had offered me a couple of grand for that rusted '72 GTS I parted out, I'd have broken his arm getting the money.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2012 at 3:14PM
I am guessing a lot of the torinos they used, were cars long in the tooth.
I am NOT happy about the killing of a couple 4 speed cars however. That pissed me.

Post Reply Post Reply