The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Video Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

youngsters have no respect for a Torino

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: youngsters have no respect for a Torino
    Posted: 21-July-2011 at 6:59AM
I seen this video and it made me sick what they did as alot of good parts went to waste
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUHKGcX-BCY
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2011 at 7:16AM

"Had to junk this car, so decided to make a video...
missing title, bad engine, transmission going bad... why not??"

because you might have pocketed a couple $K selling parts rather than the 'tow it away free' deal you got?

the mirrors are going for $100 each by themselves

youngsters have no respect for anything and should not be granted any
and beaten until they show some

72 GT Ute

ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2011 at 7:54AM
damn Angry i would ripped his arms off. I would have bought it right away, title or not, f**king morrons Censored
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2011 at 8:15AM
now now ilyes don't have a meltdown. it is ashame cause car was in better shape then the one I parted out
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2011 at 8:36AM
stupid is as stupid does
72 GT Ute

GranTorinoSport View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2011 at 8:43AM
That's ridiculous. What a waste of a good car.
Scott Eklund

Webmaster
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2011 at 8:47AM
Yeah I could use a passenger side mirror if I ever want to legally be able to tint my windows. But I can't use that!
08 Uplander LS, 262K, broken again
08 Explorer EB, 195K, for the wife
still looking for another something
kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2011 at 9:58AM

If it was a Camaro I would understand.

All I want to do is take that hammer and smash her skull with it.  

1973 Q code sports roof
ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2011 at 10:07AM
i love camaros too, it's complete stupidity, even if he don't need it, he could post it on the free section in cg, i bet you my bottom dollar it would not even last a day
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2011 at 10:08AM
other then him saying he had no title I saw no reason to junk it as it looked pretty solid
bmf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2011 at 3:01PM
Top this for DUMB.
The night before I left for the service a friend and I beat up my car with sledge hammers.

36 ford 4door phaeton.

I've thought about it quite often.

Ray
"I am completely broke and have the ability to sustain that"
mule323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mule323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2011 at 3:20PM
I would love to beat the S%#@ out of them just like they did the car. Absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by mule323 - 21-July-2011 at 3:21PM
             (Steve)
73 G.T.S. Fastback, 351C, C6
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-July-2011 at 2:27AM
Beat them like a couple of pinatas. Stupid video, too.

We drove a '77 Granada 4 door to a cancer awareness event and charged $0.25 per blow with some sledgehammers. Found that Granadas don't dent that easily. After a full day and all night (24 hour event) and 3 sledgehammers, that car brought $1,000 donated to the cause and we still ended up using the drivetrain. Took forever to get it out from that crumpled piece of tinfoil though, LOL.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
460torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 460torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2011 at 12:51PM
you cant fix stupid
interceptor460 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote interceptor460 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2011 at 3:44AM
Most youth like the cars that come out in their generation. So many of them have no care in the world about older cars. Second how many of us have gone to a salavage yard and see them crush beautiful old cars as the metal is worth more to them than the car.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2011 at 4:44AM
True. When kids get something in their heads, it is hard to guide them. There are 4 things (and lessons learned) that are engrained into my memory as a youth concerning my first vehicle purchase - Remember, this is in 1977 when I was 15 years old:

1) My dad and I looked at a '65 Mustang that I found in the newspaper for sale - it had been sitting so long that it sank up to the floorboards. He would not let me buy it (my own money from work and mowing yards), as he thought it would come apart if they tried to move it. My mood and appearance was that of Calvin (Calvin & Hobbs) when he is disgusted with his parents. I have since bought and fixed much worse.

2) I wanted a project, so dad and I went to a place here called Siskin Steel (now PSC Metals) that scrapped old cars. The foreman was a buddy of his, so we got to check out any cars in there to purchase for 10% over what they paid for scrap. I found a NICE Pontiac Lemans Convertible and we had decided on it when an employee (unaware of the deal going on) drove up to it with a forklift and ran it through the windows to pick it up. Of course the top came apart as he tried to lift it (with me screaming STOP), so he backed up and ran it through the doors to carry it off. Broke my heart, so now I have a dislike for forklifts and scrappers.

3) My dad suggested that I buy a '61 or '62 Impala/BelAir coupe, since they were easy to fix, reliable, plentiful, and would appreciate in value - he was a Chevy man and adored those. ME - "I earned this money, so I am buying what I (stupid) want!" He found a 1962 Bubbletop with a 409 and a 4 speed for $1,100. He was so excited but I (being a rebellious 15 year old) wanted a Mustang, so I refused to buy it out of spite (Ended up hurting me, not my dad)LOL. Now that same car is a highly sought-after collectible worth more than my house.

4) What did I end up with? A Vega. A 6 month old '77 Vega. What the hell was going on in my hormone confused head?? My dad tried to talk me out of it, but I refused to listen to the man that had purchased a '65 Mercury Monterry Marauder with a 427 for our "family" car. He had WAY more knowledge than I did. A Vega. Lesson learned. Dad is now gone, but his advice is still burned into my memory.

Kids are more "self absorbed" than we were, but each generation has to learn at it's own pace. Still, if I had just been there to save that Torino...
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote interceptor460 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2011 at 4:51AM
There is a Mel Brooks comedy out there. It called Life stinks. And our parents told us we would have children of our own.
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2011 at 5:08AM
Yeah, it kills me to see a 70's or even early 80's car in a crush pile with no rust and clean chrome and unbroken light lenses and trim still intact, engines still in them with filters on and interiors that aren't all tore up, but now that the roof is crushed down you can't get in to pull any of it.

I have pulled marker lenses off Torinos in crush piles only because the wheel well buckled enough that I could get the nuts off the back. I have pulled moldings off cars in crush piles because it was the only thing I could reach. Ever seen a fat hairy dorky guy hanging upside down out of a Corolla door so he could lean in the window of a '95 Buick Century to get the unbroken folding cupholder out of the console armrest? If you have, that was me, and I still have that folding cupholder ready to go in the next A-body I buy because every SINGLE one I ever see has the tabs broke off!!!
08 Uplander LS, 262K, broken again
08 Explorer EB, 195K, for the wife
still looking for another something
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2011 at 6:27AM
thankfully most of the stuff at the local yard that gets crushed is something that is picked over and has no good parts for them to stick in the yard for U Pull It.I would be in horror to watch an old car with a good body and other parts get crushed but our yard will not sell you a whole car,you can only buy parts or sections of the car cut off but not the complete body as I tried to get a NEON for a friend who wrecked his and bent the hell out of the framerail that it pushed it into the firewall.Finally that car got stripped of the good parts which I sold on craigslist and the carcus went to the junkyard for scrap which we got $95 for the shell.So if I were to see a nice old car in that yard I could not save it from the eventual crusher and only get the parts which sucks
antlerfiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2011 at 3:37PM
Anybody want to see the You Tube video of me beating the crap out of that kid and his girlfriend, with my 72 laughing in the background? I wish I could make it happen.
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2011 at 3:57PM

I think we can make that happen Alex.

I went through there other videos to find this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqPomuV93xw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL  At  -  0.20 (play time) we have his registration number – 8CV-439 on a red 4x4 Nissan, track and trace that. I will join you so I can pin him down and you can kick the crap out of him.     

1973 Q code sports roof
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2011 at 5:26PM
Stupid pukes.
That car looks pretty damn solid. So, instead of trying to sell for parts. f**king pukes.
Out of spite and bitterness, I would have no problems breaking that kids legs with that hammer, wrapping a log chain around his neck and dragging him down the highway.

Yeah, I am that pissed.
Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote interceptor460 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2011 at 9:55PM
As we all grew up we did stupid things. The difference with today's youths and the youth when I grew up. Today we have drive by shootings,when I was young we had drive by moonings.
72BoB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72BoB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2011 at 3:06AM
My father had a 1947 Buick back in high school... He was taking it to homecoming one year in high school and decided to dress the car up by painting large polka dots on it...

...with tempera paint...

If any of you know what tempera paint is, it is a paint where the pigment is suspended in egg-based material...

...and egg + paint = fail.

So yeah, he drove around in a permanently polka dotted Buick for the next few years.

Edited by 72BoB - 19-August-2011 at 3:07AM
1972 Torino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2011 at 4:58AM
That is hilarious. Polka dotted Buick. Every time I hear the word Polka, I think of John Candy in Home Alone - "Polka, Polka, Polka!"

I have a better idea concerning the kids - Make them watch us destroy his Nissan 4X4 piece by piece, flatten his camera with a Torino and youtube it for all eternity. Then inform him we'll be back when he gets his next vehicle.   
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
stanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2011 at 8:40AM
Can't we all just get along?.....Evil Smile
TopGear (TG) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TopGear (TG) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2011 at 1:17PM
Amazing how much hatred I'm feeling. Can't contain it much longer...
Toby
'76 Ford Elite - Sold
Looking for a '72
srwith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srwith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2011 at 9:28AM
Sitting for the weekend going thru the video section that I have not viewed before and was enjoying the video'sTongue when I came to this oneShocked. I second all the anger everyone has at what they have doneAngry. I have two 73 the one I have had sence new. I stopped at the tail lense partCry. One time wish I was in the wrong spot at the right timeDead
two loves, torino's and bike riding. drive and ride safe.
 Post Reply Post Reply