The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My latest project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My latest project
    Posted: 14-September-2011 at 5:23AM
I'm still here viewing the forum when I can as we still have not figured out why I can not post from my mobile as I use to be able to.
I post from the Library when I have time to go there but have to do it during the day and been real busy building this Chevy Avalanche
http://www.airbrushtech.info/AIRBRUSH/forum/showthread.php?18190-Kustom-Painting-Chevy-Avalanche
my phone was off for about a week and just got it back on thanks to the owner of the Avalanche,so that is why you hadn't seen me logged on lately.I won't be posting much or if at all till I get this truck done as the deadline is past due cause of extra work that needed to be corrected from previous bodywork and stuff that was just done unprofessionally or Hacked as I call it so seen a few where asking where I have been so that is the story.
Gotta jet, very busy and had to run in town for supplies so made a quik stop to library to post on the forum since ilyes texted me to see what was going on with me.
Thanks for caring everyone and wish I had internet at home so I could post at night before bed

Edited by 73 ProStreetTorino - 04-October-2011 at 4:05AM
mule323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mule323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2011 at 1:50PM
Certainly looks like you've been busy Jeff. Nice job with the body work. Hate it's on a be donky donk but it's work none the less. Should certainly get some attention and draw in some more business.
             (Steve)
73 G.T.S. Fastback, 351C, C6
antlerfiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2011 at 4:21PM
Jeff, I was just getting worried about not hearing from you. I have more Mopar pics that I took at the museum. They are on my phone so it will be a little bit to get them to my computer. Dang, Those are some ugly rims.

Edited by antlerfiend - 14-September-2011 at 4:24PM
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-September-2011 at 1:51AM
Maybe the rims could have an "accident" and go away? I am certainly not a fan of Avalanches, but those make it worse.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-September-2011 at 5:45AM
not big on huge wheels either but all the kustom fab work and bodywork is what I was refering to as that reflects my skills and soon the Paintjob
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-September-2011 at 9:39AM
sorry I have not been able to post lately but still can't post from my mobile and neck deep in the project above.It is now painted but sanding the clearcoat down on the exterior and reclearing it as I had a fishey problem and not sure if I have enough clear to sand them out and buff so I am reclearing the whole truck.
I have been working 16 or mor hrs a day on this truck trying to finish it but it's fighting me and giving me headaches.
When it's done i'll get the photos up of the new paintjob as it looks kewl but it's stin the garage and only sunlight does it justice.

For now I am on here reading what is going on but unable to make replies which sucks
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-October-2011 at 4:11AM
here are some pics of the finished project or you can view more on the thread above at the airbrush forum I am on

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-October-2011 at 4:32AM
her is a few of the lights and all the new additions since we started the project

Halo headlights

blue LED's behind the grille

blue halo fog/driving lights in the bumper cover

blue LED underbody lights

blue LED lights in interior,on all 4 doors,dash and inside A/C vents so the glow blue also
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-October-2011 at 9:46AM
Nice paint job and I like the details. Smooth fade - not all blotchy like most do. Cannot get past those awful wheels, though. Swap those and the truck will look sweet!
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-October-2011 at 9:53AM
yah I know how to do a fade correctly as most try to fade one color on top the other and that is when they get the blotchy look.
Takes both colors to do a proper fade,one going up and the other going down to get a smooth fade transition and with a candy I had to do it twice as the base clors had to be faded then the candy colors
 Post Reply Post Reply