The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > Big Block Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1972 GTS thunderjet 429 4v SWAP!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2012 at 6:59AM
if they have the 3 piece mount that looks like this then probably,if they don't look like this then no
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2012 at 7:05AM
what happened to the Ranchero you said had  Big Block?
did you wait too long and is gone or not what you thought it was?

if you ever see other cars with the mounts above that are good grab all you can as these bring good money on ebay as they are not easy to find.I got lucky and found a 74-75 Lincoln Mark IV in the junkyard in Florida where I use to live and got near perfect mounts fro $20.I blasted and painted them and now they are like new.I'm glad I found them as I don't know if I can find any of the old cars where I live now or not
SocalTorino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SocalTorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2012 at 9:01AM
Yeah the ranchero was not a factory 429 it was swap in but didn't have the correct mounts.
this 72 ltd has the factory 429
Skinnys Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skinnys Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2012 at 11:32AM
Originally posted by SocalTorino SocalTorino wrote:

Will the motor mounts from a 72 LTD 429 FIT 72 Torino?
No, the LTD mounts are different. I slipped a '72 429 from a Marquis (should be the same as the full size Ford) into my '73 for a while and had to cut/weld/modify/combine the Merc mounts with a pair of 400 Torino mounts for fitment.
Scott -'73 Gran Torino Brougham

Past Torino's -'73 Q-code GTS, '76 Original PS-122 S&H, '73 H-code GTS, '73 Ranchero
        '71 Cobra 351 Auto, '70 351C Brougham 2dr HT, '71 351C Ranchero
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12