The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boss 9 and more

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boss 9 and more
    Posted: 08-October-2011 at 4:05PM

So today the wife and I take a ride up to Mass,to pick up a N-case 3.50 posi that I buy on E-bay.talking with the guy he tells me he collects and sells shelbys/rare mustangs and has time to show us a few of his cars.So we say cool.OMG.Boss 9,68 shelbly KR,69 shelby,70 shelby,67  shelby close headlight,several 66 shelbys,68  reg convert 428 mustang.54 vette(not his) check out pix and his website.Bret Matteson/www.shelbymustang.com.we spent about an hour,talking and checking out his car,awesome day!below are bret with my wife, Theresa with his cars. he's looking for a talladaga,anyone?

/i360/75GranMan/shelbymustangs004.jpg[/IMG]didn't get to check them all out due to time restrains.GREAT DAY!

John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2011 at 4:18PM
Wow nice Shelby collection,must be nice to be rich and afford a collection like that
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2011 at 4:34PM
this guy was about as down to earth as anyone could be.heck he was drivin a freakin nissian,blue jeans/sneakers/ratty t-shirt.this is what he does for a living.just not your average used cars.buys alot of cars from divorse settlements,bad business deals.ect.has a shop in Maine were he has a couple of guys fixing the cars.
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2011 at 4:05AM
sweet collections, he should send me a 67 stang
mule323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mule323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2011 at 11:08AM
Now that's impressive. Very nice group of cars there.
             (Steve)
73 G.T.S. Fastback, 351C, C6
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2011 at 11:25AM
Most of those type guys are down to earth as they truely are into cars and love to show thier collection ro other like minded enthusiasts.Only a few are snobs and nobody talks about them as they keep thier collection under wraps.
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2011 at 2:33AM
Awesome collection. Pretty cool that he was nice enough to show his cars. 99% of the guys I've met and dealt with are just regular guys. I ignore the ones that have an attitude.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
VorbottenO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VorbottenO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-October-2011 at 3:58PM
Amazing and of course like most of us....just a bit jealous.
The good news is that there are people who have found the ability to do what they truly love.

Eric
72GTS-Ncode (429-477ci)

Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-October-2011 at 4:51PM
Raynham Center? (His PO box). I WORK in Raynham Center.. Actually, his PO box is in the same plaza as office.. so he's seen my cars. 
Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2011 at 3:31PM
Paul I'm not sure where he lives.has ahouse on the cape,he was headed there after we talked,I met him just off of rt44,at his moms house,his cars are stored under an apartment or condo unit not far from his moms,he rents the space.he also drives a newer shelby,silver? mass reg,SAAC,I believe.how far do you live from there?
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
69 Torino View Drop Down
Brand New Member
Brand New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2012 at 10:08AM
I met this guy once at a car show and it took me 20 minutes to realize who he is.

He's somewhat of a legend in the Shelby community.

69Torino
 Post Reply Post Reply