The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GUAGE PACKAGE?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjbooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GUAGE PACKAGE?
    Posted: 07-May-2006 at 5:59PM

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF A 76 TORINO ELITE SPORT GUAGE PACKAGE CAN BE USED IN MY STANDARD GAUGE PACKAGE 74 GRAN TORINO? I ALSO WANT TO MOUNT THE FLOOR SHIFTER, AND FLOOR SHIFTER STEERING COLUMN, WILL THEY FIT? 74 HAS 351 CLEV, 76 HAS 400 MTR. CAN I ADAPT THEN  HELPPPPP!

GranTorinoSport View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 4:29AM

Switching the gauges requires some rewiring, however it is fairly easy to do. You will need the new back connector with the GT gauge set in order to connect it. You will then need to connect the tach, get a new oil pressure sender, etc.

As far as the floor shifter, it can be done, but remember that the shift lever on the transmission needs to be changed, which requires taking down the pan and the valve body out of the transmission.

Scott Eklund

Webmaster
tjbooker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjbooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 5:27PM

WELL THE TRANS IS OUT OF THE CAR, AND HAS BEEN REBUILT, I'M PUTTING THE FMX TRANS IN THE CAR WHERE AS THE SHIFTER, IS FROM A C6 TRANS, I DID GET THE PROPER TRANS SHIFTER ROD FOR THE FMX. IF THE TRANS IS OUT, WHAT DO INEED TO DO?

THNKS TJ

Post Reply Post Reply