The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 1969 GT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 1969 GT
    Posted: 14-October-2011 at 10:38AM

I've had this old girl for 10 years, just got her back from paint.

foote500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foote500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-October-2011 at 1:49PM
Stunning! Show us more...
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-October-2011 at 3:28PM
My friends brother in high school,that lived down the block from.me.had a car.like that but his wasblack with no stripe.Thought it was a kewl car back then,that was 1982-83 and those cars were only 12-13 yrs old and considered just another used car,not even a classic like my buddies 55 Chevy I rode to school in with aluminum slot mags and wide tire on all 4 corners.Thing is he still owns that 55 Chevy today,but I know that Torino GT is no longer owned by the high school neighborhood kid.
What shape was it in before paint?was it a total restoration,or a nice classic that just needed some fresh paint?
Turin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-October-2011 at 9:04PM
she's an ongoing restoration... to be a nice driver. I've had her over ten years and just fix stuff as I go.  The drivetrain is all original, and 5 years I hd the m-code 351w completeley rebuilt and mildly breathed upon with a hotter cam, weiand stealth intake, and a 750 edelbrock (not the mileage version) . here is a pic before the repaint
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2011 at 3:02AM
That aint no restoration,that's a driver that your doing upgrades to.
Nothing majorly wrong with the paint that was on it.I.m sure it had the usual scratches and chips for a girl her age,but none the less she was a sweet driver just the eay she eas in those pics.
You got the one year only.M code 351W 4V,that's nice.after that all Windsor motors were 2V.
You did a great job with the engine,really looks like a performance Ford motor should,tastefully done.
You have any interior photos?,your teasing us with a few pics her and there,we want the whole portfolio,LOL
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2011 at 6:04AM
Just noticed your in Chandler,Arizona
Anywhere near Firebird Raceway?I was there in 1992 for the NHRA Event,that was when I was living in Benson,AZ,east of Tuscan on I-10
We have 3 members who frequent the forum from AZ
Torkair-Matt lives in Tuscan,AZ 72 Torino,73 &79 Ranchero
Torinogts73c-Gary Tuscan,AZ with his originally owned from new 73 GTS fastback
Uante -Brent ives in Gold Canyon area,73 Gran Torino Brougham
and I think there was another new member who joined recently from AZ
Someday you AZ guys need to all meet up and go to a show out there and post pics of your get together,that would be kewl.
Closest member to me is about 3hrs north of me.I did meet one guy as he bought my frame from my 73 parts car and the right fender to be able to fix one of the 73 GTS's he owns.One he bought new in 73
and the other was originally sold from the same dealer as he bought his,that one got wrecked and bent the front frame and why he bought the frame and parts from me.

I met Brent aka Uante in Daytona at the Speedway for a car show spring 2010 as he was here in Florida working in Jacksonville where the company he worked for in AZ had transfered thier operations and he was helping set up for a month or so before he went back home and became unemployed for awhile.
It was grear getting to meet a member that far away as hadn't been back to AZ since I left June 92
Beautiful state,just haven't been able to afford a visit but would love to bring my 72 GTS out there someday when it's finished.I had a 73 Torino with 74 front clip and 74 351Cleveland with a performance top end and loved cruising east on I-10 to Tuscan and nothing around but cactus and tumbleweeds.Loved seeing the Mountains in the backdrop,always is a nice background for a photo of a nice Torino

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 15-October-2011 at 6:45AM
Turin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2011 at 7:55PM
I have to do the door panels this week, then I'll share some interior pictures. I never had any intention of making her a show car that I can't or am scared to drive around. My goal is just to have her ride and look nice and to have some fun. I'm not that far from firebird race way. I used to go down there back in '91 and drag my old '67 mustang. I'd have to do some gearing changes if I wanted to drag this old gal. She's got a nine inch with 3.00.1 ratio and no limited slip. 3.25.1 would be better and something I'm thinking about.

Edited by Turin - 15-October-2011 at 8:00PM
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2011 at 11:40PM
Well I lived in AZ for 6 months,and can only say this,great place to visit but wil never live there again.
Long story but lost a friendship to my at the time very best friend,livin there
Moral of story don't.go into.business with best friend,friendship suffers and sometime ends because of it
So now AZ is a place I say,great place to visit but I'll never live there again
Ex friend and his wife was only people I knew when I moved there,met some nice people and got friendly with partners employee and he helped me out before I moved back here but never again will I move.that far or where ot snows,I hate snow,LOL
srwith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srwith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2012 at 4:48AM
I know this was a post back in october, alot to see that I have not seen yet. just wanted to say that looks just like my brothers car that he has to this day when it was new. Does not look that good now. Same color with stripe with 351w 2v. trying to talk him out of it or to store it at my house, no luck yet on getting it.
two loves, torino's and bike riding. drive and ride safe.
 Post Reply Post Reply