The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

spoiler ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69fastford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: spoiler ?
    Posted: 14-May-2006 at 3:54AM
i have a 69 torino fastback and i have noticed a few with a rear spoiler.Is this a factory option? also i can't seen to find any listed for sale and was wondering if it would be the same as a 69 mustang fastback spoiler.any info would be great.i like the look of the spoiler and was wanting to find out what fits.thanks for a great site.  mark
LightningFast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightningFast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2006 at 1:54AM

I've seen them too on Torino's..but they did NOT come that way from the Factory.

The Mercury Cyclones had that option..with the Dan Gurney and Cale Yarborough limited editions.

Per the Ford Torino GT and Cyclone restoration guide...and I quote.

"A rear-wing spoiler was available only for the Cyclone model , The Torino GT was never offered with a rear wing spoiler.  This was mostly due to the fact that the deck lid on the Torino GT featured a built up lip spoiler."

The 1969 Cyclone Spoiler P/N is C9GY6344210A...used ONLY on the Fastback Spoiler models.

I'm sure you can make it work on a Torino...but from what I've read...until the spoiler was made lighter in the 1971 models...the previous year car had a 'Prop-Rod" (P/N D0GY6544206A) to hold up the trunk-lid while it was open. No such comment was made about the 1969 Model Cyclone

The 1970 P/N is D0GY6544210A...that changed too

P/N D1GY654210A for 1971 with the same model usage

Ten will get you twenty...that a spoiler from a Mustang will work about as easily. 

1968 Torino GT Fastback
351W 4V W/C4
black69torinoGT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote black69torinoGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2008 at 12:11PM
You shouldn't have a problem finding a mustang spoiler and if so there are several on ebay . i found a 1970 cyclone spoiler for 400$ but there really should be a difference. I like you idea and plan on adding one to my 69 formal roof

Edited by black69torinoGT - 13-January-2008 at 12:21PM
rust sucks
capt john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capt john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-December-2008 at 5:36PM
I am putting a 69 Mustang spoiler on my 68 fastback. I also like the looks of it, I found a company that has one out of plastic, it's much lighter than the fiberglass one and cheaper too($139.00)and I think will last just as long. Also f.y.i. I'm replacing the front bumper with a fiberglass unit to be worked to have air effects on the frontend, the whole front end will be blacked out with matt black.The only thing you will see will be the PIAA lights looking out at you from dead on from the front, should be a really nice effect.   Does anyone know if the 69C.J. or S.C.J. has a speedo that goes over 120 m.p.h.(140 or 160)that still fits into the 68 speedo spot, heck the car would bury the 120 unit in third gear! so a better idea of whats going on speed wise would be nice (of course at those speeds you don't have much time to watch a speedo anyway) but I thought it would look real good in the dash.
death to tuners!
jerrybromley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerrybromley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2023 at 1:34AM
I see this is an older thread but, has anyone here installed a mustang rear deck spoiler on a 68 Torino convertible. I am about to start a major rebuild on mine and I was considering this to set it apart.
 Post Reply Post Reply