The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1970 torino

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1970 torino
    Posted: 23-September-2003 at 1:26PM
hello, im completly new to older 2 wd cars and have a millon questions. this seems like a geat place to learn. i just got a 1970 torino cobra gt with a "super cobra jet 429"as a newly painted with no rust or bondo basketcase. i was doing some reseach and saw something that said 428 cobra jet. did these come with a 428 cj? is the only difference between cj and scj ram air? do they really go for what the books say? what are some of your favorite links? ill aks more later.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2003 at 7:36AM

I have owned 2 1971 Torino GTs, and 1 1971 Torino Cobra (429CJ/auto)...... It was my first car in 1983 and I have always owned one as did my father in 1971. I can pretty much answer any question you might have. I have shop manuals, and just about every article ever printed.

My current car is a 1971 Torino GT, Grabber Yellow, 351C/ Auto. with 86,000 miles on it. The car was originally intended as my parts car back in 1987, but after having to sell off my original car it just sat. But finally 2 states and 4 moves later the car is getting completed. (and many years later) I have enough parts to build 2 cars, this is from all the cars I bought that were rusted out. The car I was most sad about was the FL. car it was a 1971 Torino Cobra 429CJ car that was all stress cracked and rusty. That car ended up as parts and crushed. Nobody wanted the whole car. I tried selling it for a year before parting it out.

george View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-January-2004 at 11:36AM
I have a 70 torino it is a brougham model it has a vinyl roof wich is blue the interior is also blue, and the exterior is white. It has a 302 2v with 220 hp ,c6 tranny, and limited slip 3:50 rear axle it will go pretty good. I wanted to put headers for duel exhaust a windage tray and a high rise aluminum intake ,and replace the original wheels wich are the mag wheels  because there pretty messed up. I would like some feed back on what anyone thinks ,its a beautiful car

Edited by george
Robscyclone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robscyclone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2004 at 10:06PM

70 & 71 Torinos have a very good following, nice looking, enough room to take more than 2 people somewhere, and more affordable than a Mustang.  I've been into these for decades and run the Cyclone Montego Torino Registry.  We track all running and parts cars of all body types, but 2dr cars are the most popular. http://clubs.hemmings.com/cyclonemontegotorinoregistry/ 

If you email your car's specifics, VIN# & possibly door codes I can decode them for you & tell you how many are so far registered like it.

Rob

Post Reply Post Reply