The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 73 Chevelle LOL!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torinogts73c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 73 Chevelle LOL!
    Posted: 21-May-2006 at 12:48PM

Well that's what the Dummies think it is. TORINO say it slowly! LOL

Gary 73 Gran Torino Sport 351CJ,17 Mustang Ecoboost,15 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD, Ford Ranger parts hauler

"Never complain Never explain" Henry Ford
JimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 1:08AM

Very Nice Graaan Toe Reee Know Sport ya got there..

Jim

1976 S&H Gran Torino

460/C6/4.33 13.05@105.6

545/C6/3.56 11.52@117.8

More to come!!!!

463rwhp/495rwtq

two tons of fun

see it and hear it at:

www.torinocobra.com

www.st
OleDutchD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OleDutchD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 1:44AM
Originally posted by Torinogts73c Torinogts73c wrote:

Well that's what the Dummies think it is. TORINO say it slowly! LOL

Easy on 'em, Gary. They're just weak-minded fools that read lots of magazines and don't know any better. Truth be told, are probably still driving their mom's Rambler......

By the way, veerry nice paint job! Gonna try Knotts again next year?

Kevin
Just an analog guy stuck in a digital world!
Torinogts73c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torinogts73c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 2:12AM

Knotts here I come!! Yes I will be there maybe we should do the Donut Derilects as well in Huntington Beach what do you think??? BTW Jim W Has got it!! Graaan Toe REE Know   LOL!!       Gary

Gary 73 Gran Torino Sport 351CJ,17 Mustang Ecoboost,15 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD, Ford Ranger parts hauler

JimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 9:26AM

How about All-Ford Carlisle? 

Jim

1976 S&H Gran Torino

460/C6/4.33 13.05@105.6

545/C6/3.56 11.52@117.8

More to come!!!!

463rwhp/495rwtq

two tons of fun

see it and hear it at:

www.torinocobra.com

www.st
Nemtorino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 1:53PM

I always have had problems with getting parts from autozone.

Me: I need X for my Torino..

Part store dude: Is that an oldsmobile?

1972 Gran Torino Sport (under frame up restore)
1972 Gran Torino 4-door

my site:GranTorino.net
Nevsryd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevsryd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 2:22PM
Jim, are you going to the Nationals @ Carlisle?
Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 2:58PM

When I goto autozone, I just say what hte PART is.. then let them go through their little computer cycle "year, make, model"

Lately, I just do rockauto.com.

Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500
GranTorinoSport View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 6:22PM

My favorite:

"Grand" Torino

Yea, I realize it is grand - I truly love my car, but let's at least get the name correct. It is Italian in name: Gran (translates to Grand), and Torino, the city which in English (thank to the Brits centuries ago) is actually translated to "Turin".

So, it is "Gran Torino", or if you must butcher, please butcher correctly as "Grand Turin".

Pet peeve.

Had to mention that. You see it on ebay all the time.

Scott Eklund

Webmaster
GranTorinoSport View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 6:23PM
Oh, have any of the Montego owners out there ever had their car called the "Montenegro". Gotta ask, I am sure it has happened...
Scott Eklund

Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torinogts73c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 1:38AM

Jim I would love to go to Carlisle but my wife has other plans it's called Hawaii almost the same time as Carlisle. As for the Torino thing, it has also been called a Cutlas! Poor dumb fools they just don't get it! Well we know our Torino's are Gran . LOL  Gary

JimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 2:01AM

1) Tell wife Carlisle is much more exotic than Hawaii, try to keep straight face

2) I'll be there, space reserved, long list of stuff to do to car growing

3) Try having your car mistaken for a certain Orange Dodge with a Rebel Flag on the roof

4) After the second time you say "Torino", you might as well just say "Old Ford".

5) Maybe we should look into shirts that have the definition and origin of Gran Torino on them (of course we'd have to add Sport, Elite, and Brougham to be fair)

Jim

1976 S&H Gran Torino

460/C6/4.33 13.05@105.6

545/C6/3.56 11.52@117.8

More to come!!!!

463rwhp/495rwtq

two tons of fun

see it and hear it at:

www.torinocobra.com

www.st

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torinogts73c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 2:19AM

We should look into the shirt thing you might have something there. I know a guy that does T-shirts hmmmm! We went to Carlisle about 9 yrs ago she won't buy it! However it is much more exotic. lol!  

Gary

redmangh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redmangh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 3:44PM

I am going to Carlisle. I was asked if my 72 GTS was a Plymouth? The "Ding-Batt" was standing in front of the car when he asked,"Geez"it says FORD across the nose and has a FORD Racing plate on the front. I now had a shirt made with the picture of the car that tells them all what it is. And to all, these Torino's/Montego's are really GRAND to me.

Glenn

redmangh
MarkGubinski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkGubinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2006 at 12:26PM

Ya, I've had people at different tracks come up to me & say how nice my Chevelle is.

At Ford races people come up & say "nice Torino". They know what it is because their Dad, Mom or Grandparents had one.

"Hey kid, this ain't your father's Torino or Olds or Chevelle or whatever!"

72 Gran Torino Sport 557
10.12 @136 @3600lbs.
2 Time Milan Dragway Track Champion.
2012 IHRA Div. 5 No-Box Champion.
97 career wins.

steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2006 at 1:33PM

I remember alot of that. I had a 72 fastback in 1982 and convinced

people it was a pontiac with cutlass parts. They thot I was a mechanical wizzard!!  But back then I didnt know myself how nice of a car I had. I treated it like Bo & luke did to the general##*! .  The frame is nice on a Torino but wont hold up to a 40 ft long jump.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torinogts73c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 1:25AM
My daughter is going to make up a T-shirt with the "No Chevelle" logo on it and a picture of the Torino on the back!    Brought the kids up right they would rather push the Torino than drive a Chevelle!!!  LOL  Gary.

The Torino Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Torino Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2006 at 9:17PM
I've had that happen before! But what killed one time is the starter went out and my friend said to me "I guess it aint so gran now huh!"  I chased him around the car 2 times!
1973 Gran Torino Sport CJ 351

'Q' code 63R body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torinogts73c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-June-2006 at 11:48AM

Torino Kid lets see some pictures!  Gary

Post Reply Post Reply