The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Starsky & Hutch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starsky & Hutch
    Posted: 28-January-2012 at 3:51AM
Hi,
is there any other members with Starsky & Hutch cars ?
would love to see pictures.
thanks
Justin
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2012 at 3:57AM
there are a few here but not like at starskytorino.com
they either lurk or don't frequent the site often as I don't see much posting from them.
JimW has one but don't see him much here but I believe he is also over at the Starsky forum so you probably know of him

there is a new guy who joined end of last year who is helping a friend fix up an Original S&H Limited Edition car.he has a thread in the Project Updates and the welcome section

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 28-January-2012 at 4:04AM
JimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2012 at 7:23AM

Howdy and welcome!

Jim
1976 S&H Gran Torino

460/C6/4.33 13.05@105.6

545/C6/3.56 11.52@117.8

More to come!!!!

463rwhp/495rwtq

two tons of fun

see it and hear it at:

www.torinocobra.com

www.st
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2012 at 9:49PM
Justin,
Great bunch of guys on here who are free to share their knowledge and advice. Welcome to the party and I too am doing a Starsky tribute car. Check out my blog site noted in my signature.

Good luck with your Tomato!

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
Starsky74Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2012 at 2:17AM
Wow looks like your doing a really thorough job on yours..
shame you sold you orig Starsky & Hutch car.. at least when your done you will have exactly what you want..good luck with her..
fortunately for me the orig owner of mine had in in climate controlled garage and never drove it in the rain or snow.. I got her with 68,000 miles on her..the only mods Ive done are dual flowmasters and replaced the rear springs with station wagon springs for lift and got rid of the air shocks, now she handles and rides a lot better and does not leak down...man that was annoying...
all the best
Justin
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2012 at 12:07AM
Thanks Justin.

BTW, What size are your wheels and tires? That's the look I'm after for mine! I've got a NOS set of 15 x 8.5 American Racing slots for the back of mine and OEM Ford 14 x 6 factory slots for the front. On my original LE, I had ET-IV slots, 14 x 6 front & 15 x 10 rear and always wished I had gone for the 8.5 deep dishes on the rear!

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2012 at 2:02AM
I have some 14 inch slots for sale - 2 different widths if you are interested.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2012 at 3:55AM
The wheels are vintage US Indy wheels with BF Goodrich radial TA's 225 70 14 x 8" in front and 275 60 15 x 10" in the rear.
cheers
Justin
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2012 at 7:47AM
justin, do you know what the backspace of your 15x10 Slots is?
don't look like they stick out too far from the wheel lip
here is some  photos of a 15x10 with 3.5 backspace and the wheel alone comes flush with the outside edge of the quarter and was thinking with tires mounted that it would stick out further then that.

I want to keep my rims and tires within the wheel well and not have the back jacked up.
I know your car looks good as that is how the S&H cars looked but mine is a 72 GTS fastback and want a beefy wide tire for a close to Prostreet look but keep the tires tucked inside so I will have to narrow my rear axle to use the wheels I have.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2012 at 8:22AM
Im sorry Jeff I dont know what the backspace is... if someone can tell me how to measure that I will be happy to do so..
I agree, your car would look real good as you describe.. the Starsky & Hutch car is the only car Ive seen that I like the rake in.. if I had a different car Id be looking for the look you want for yours.
when I got my car it had the air shocks and would bottom out on bad roads so I had to replace the set up with taller springs...
you might try and get 8" in the rear. US wheels has all different sizes 1888 927 2684. they are online but I dont have that link anymore.
and they show up on ebay a lot but i dont trust the chance of getting a bent rim and them saying i bent it...
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2012 at 8:39AM
I can buy 8 inch New from American Racing as they repop the Ansen Sprint's but don't want 
a 15X8 cause I want 295 or maybe into the 300 series wide tires and get as wide a tire as I can fit within the stock wheel well which with different style wheels there are people who are running 315's n the stock wheel well as the Torino's have some pretty big area to fit some wide meats just have to have the correct offset to fit them, but the 3.5 bs will not fit without narrowing the rear axle so that is. my plan to get the set I have under there.

to measure backspace you need to pull the wheel off and take a straight edge across the rim lip but has to be short enough not to stick across the tire surface as that sticks past the wheel edge when you have the tire mounted. then take a tape measure and measure from the center hub surface that mounts against the drum where the log hole are.measure from that to the bottom of the straight edge to get your backspace measurement of any given wheel

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 06-February-2012 at 8:46AM
Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-February-2012 at 12:41PM
Hello there how much do you want for a pair of 14 inch rims?I have 2 15 inch and am looking for 2 14 inch for front.Do they use the push thru center cap from the back?Thanks,Scott
Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2012 at 1:59PM
I have photos in photo bucket for anybody that wants to pull them over here.I don't have that much computer experience so I give up.Thanks,Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply