The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

69 Sport Racing Mirrors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69Monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 69 Sport Racing Mirrors
    Posted: 28-June-2006 at 7:17PM
I looking for the part numbers for the factory sport mirrors for a 69 Torino?  I purchased a pair off of Ebay advertised for this car, but they dont sit at the proper angle when mounted, so i am assuming they must be for a Mustang or other Ford, the numbers on the bases are as follows:  DS=DIOB-17742 and PS=DIOB-17713. Anybody know the correct numbers please?  and also if Ford ever kept these mirrors with Black Paint on a Red body car?  Thank you for your help.
LightningFast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightningFast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2006 at 1:01PM
Here Ya go....Straight from the Ford Torino GT and Mercury Cyclone restoration guide.

Body Colored Racing Mirrors  (1969 Only)

This package consisted of two matching bullet shaped mirrors.   The remote controlled left hand unit , part number C90z17682C...stamped (casted) with P/N C90B17683AW or C90B17683CW.  The matching manual right hand mirror was stamped (casted) with P/N C90Z17682A

I hope this helps....and don't forget the gaskets when you install them.
1968 Torino GT Fastback
351W 4V W/C4
Lunchbucket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lunchbucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2007 at 3:47AM
LightningFast - what Ford Torino GT and Mercury Cyclone restoration guide are you talking about?  is it a book for restoration?  if so how do i get my hands on one????

thanks
Lunchbucket
Trying to lose weight by walking is like trying to bake a cake w/ a cigarette lighter
- Lunchbucket -
 Post Reply Post Reply