The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Starsky sweater

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starsky sweater
    Posted: 08-February-2012 at 5:18AM
Hi all, found a great place to get an exact copy of the famous cardigan Starsky wore.. they look great and the reviews are good. they are available at www.starskysweater.com for $150.00
I havent ordered one myself as I have a vintage 70's allready but will do in the future.. heres a pic of the new ones.
Starsky74Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2012 at 2:42AM
POST DELETED PENDING REFUND..... My friends son got me the sweater from ebay and has been handling the return.. the sweater was used and had someones hair in it and a huge hole.. my pals son told me he has finaly heard back from him and hes out of town and will see to the matter when he gets back. so I offer my apologies for using the word crook. but after spending $160.00 and not hearing anything in 2 weeks one has to assume youve been stung.

Edited by Starsky74Torino - 17-April-2012 at 4:31AM
Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2012 at 2:59AM
If you paid via paypal, you should be able to file a claim if you are under the time requirement.
Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2012 at 5:30AM
Isn't the owner of the Starsky Sweater site also a member of this forum???

BTW, he's the guy on the right in the above photo.....

Edited by TV 2M8O - 16-April-2012 at 5:48AM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2012 at 2:29PM
Sorry to hear that! I think Stacey David from the TV show Gears featured him on one of his episodes of Gears. I hate to hear that he is a crook. Dead
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2012 at 4:38AM
Originally posted by gpd294 gpd294 wrote:

Sorry to hear that! I think Stacey David from the TV show Gears featured him on one of his episodes of Gears. I hate to hear that he is a crook. Dead
I may have been a little hasty in my post but I did give it 2 weeks.. my friends son was the one who ordered it for me and hes been waiting for a reply, he got one at last saying he will sort it when he gets back.. if i get my refund he obviously isnt a crook and I will be pleased to offer an apology on the matter.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2012 at 5:49AM
Originally posted by TV 2M8O TV 2M8O wrote:

well if he is then maybe there was a good explaination on the problem.
also read the site and said that the sweaters are drop shipped from the manufacturer so if that is true,it wouldn't have been starskysweater.com who made the blunder as they don't even handle the merchandise.

Starsky74 are you getting a refund or a new sweater?

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 17-April-2012 at 5:51AM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2012 at 6:23AM
Originally posted by 72 GTS 429 72 GTS 429 wrote:

Originally posted by TV 2M8O TV 2M8O wrote:

well if he is then maybe there was a good explaination on the problem.
also read the site and said that the sweaters are drop shipped from the manufacturer so if that is true,it wouldn't have been starskysweater.com who made the blunder as they don't even handle the merchandise.

Starsky74 are you getting a refund or a new sweater?

Yes I read that also, but the sweater I recieved was shipped from CA, and was definately not new.Since Ian doesnt handle the merchandise it is very obvious that someone in the chain is responsible and Ian has nothing to do with the mess. I myself am just frustrated at the 2 weeks gone by without comunication,plus the refund should take the same time as an email. After spending $160.00 and recieving what i got im not sure wether it would be wise to accept a replacement. If it was like the ones in the picture there would have been no problem.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2012 at 11:47AM
well i'm sure your upset but if they were away that may explain the delay with the contact
i'm sure things will get worked out just take a breather and see what happens first
va2ir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote va2ir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2012 at 2:19AM
Well, finally  thanks to the mods for activating my account. For those of you who do not know me, I am Ian, the sweater guy from starskysweater.com pictured above on the right  

I am posting this to clear the air. One of my torino friends pointed me towards this forum because of many negative comments left here about me, like crook and liar. I had no idea why any comments were left here as the only negative dealing I had in the last while was from a fellow named Adam Williams from Tennessee.

Turns out that Adam is a friend of torino-owner Justin K., who posted the negative comments about me on here on this pubic forum, without knowing all the facts of what happened.

Without going into all the details, I asked Adam to send the sweater back to me with tracking and signature, as I was travelling for work during the past week and I needed it in my hands by Friday 13 April.  it came in on the Friday, I emailed Adam thru Ebay that upon my return I would refund him in full. to his credit, one sleeve had an opening on a seam, which my local seamstress will fix for me. 

During my travels all I had was my blackberry on wifi hotspots, which I do not trust to do paypal transactions through. Adam did emai me thru ebay that he was "empatient" with me and I answered him with this similar explanation immediately. A crook would not answer at all. All communication lines were kept open with him, at one point he took a week to reply to me on this subject. I do not blame Adam for this at all however Justin should have emailed me directly, as I had no idea the sweater was for him, before spewing off his insults.

Suffice it to say, I make very little to almost no profit on these sweaters with the constant rising fuel surcharges every month. Furthermore, profits go to a private foundation for kids autism of which my son is one. I do these sweaters for the fans to keep the spirit of the show and our cars alive. However I do not need these negative comments against me and I really resent it.
Thank you for allowing me to present my rebuttal on this forum.
Ian R.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2012 at 2:41AM
The only negative comments were from Justin as he was upset
Thank you for coming on here and like I said to Justin there could be an explanation..

Now this should end anything on this matter.Justin please handle the rest of your affair with this matter in private and don't post anything else unless it is just a public topology

If you feel that you don't owe any then please say anything at all and conduct the rest of your transaction in private as we don't need a public battle here as that is not what this forum is about.

I hope this concludes the matter

va2ir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote va2ir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2012 at 12:52PM
For the record, I just got home from the airport, and have refunded Mr. Williams via Paypal. This should close this issue.  Yes, a public apology from Justin K. is in order.  In the great USA and here in Canada, a person is innocent until proven guilty, and not the other way around. I have only had good encounters with my fellow Torino and Ford owners over the past 12 years, until now.

I thank the moderators and owners of the forum for allowing me to come on here and clear my name.

Ian R.
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2012 at 2:32PM
I'm not passing because of the refund thing. I'd just rather have a Jeffrey Lebowski "The Dude" sweater. I may never get my hair to grow long but damned if I can't try to look the part in the 4-door Torino (could always get a Julia Roberts wig or something)
08 Uplander LS, 262K, broken again
08 Explorer EB, 195K, for the wife
still looking for another something

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2012 at 7:39AM
Ian, I would like to offer you publically a sincere apology for refering to you as a crook. I waited 2 whole weeks before I said anything which I believe is adequate. however you obviously are an honest man and not a crook at all and I hope you will accept my apology. Thankyou also for the refund.
whoever it was who switched the sweater and wore it is at fault and not you.
I hope you can understand that my frustration having spent 160 dollars and Adam telling me hes not heard from you I could only conclude that I had been taken. I understand your circumstances and hope my apology gives you satisfaction in the matter.
sincerely
Justin
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-June-2012 at 1:23PM
I met Ian and the other 2 people at Carlisle and they are very pleasant people.
Ian and I discussed what happened in full detail and part of the problem with communication was 
Justin's friend who made the purchase for him.
my advice is don't go through a 3rd party and buy it yourself as it can create problems like in this situation.
Ian told me the whole deal and they are hand made in Mexico and then dropped shipped from there and there was a mix up with 2 of the orders and got sent to the wrong place.The one person tried it on hense the hair you seen on it and he said they are not made at a factory and they sheer their own sheep to make the wool and the women dyes the wool herself and is done in kinda like a farm setting so if you had some wood chip fragments on it that is why as these are made the old fashion way in Mexico.
Ian was in Florida at the time and could only do so much via his mobile and when he got back he handled the refund but Laura in the photo had her's in the car at Carlisle and I seen first hand the quality of them.
I think it is your lose Justin as now you don't have a sweater and could have handled this different.
I hung around Ian and the S&H owners a good part of Saturday and who ever remained on Sunday and they are all great people, Ian included and would not hesitate to recommend ordering a sweater from him as it was a mix up and then a 3rd party was involved that help delay the matters.

I don't have a credit card but my debit card acts just like one and is Visa so I can but anything online just like it was a credit card but the money is debited from my account so I only buy when the money is in the bank,but like I said deal directly with purchases yourself and save any headaches

again I have personally met Ian and the other 2 S&H owners in the photo and all are straight up people.I have seen the sweaters and they are great quality especially for being hand made
so I give them a Thumbs Up

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 09-June-2012 at 1:27PM
 Post Reply Post Reply