The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Starsky & Hutch british version

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starsky & Hutch british version
    Posted: 08-February-2012 at 5:53AM
heres a well done 70, brit comedy duo doing a nice spoof of the opening credits...
Im posting it here incase anybody misses it where I previously placed it.LOL

Edited by Starsky74Torino - 08-February-2012 at 5:54AM
GranTorinoSport View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2012 at 2:36AM
That's hilarious!

(I generally like British humor)
Scott Eklund

Webmaster
Starsky74Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2012 at 2:58AM
Scott,
if you like brit humor check out"Father Ted" on youtube.
you may also like "The Royle Family"  and "Max & Paddy's road to nowhere"
I was raised in the north of england and have been here for 20 years.(loving every moment)
the only thing I miss is the fish & chips,the pub and the comedy.. but I can download that and watch it on my telly so thats a bonus Thumbs Up
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2012 at 5:44AM
hahahaha, that is halariousLOL
JohnQPS122 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnQPS122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2012 at 1:13AM
Wow, they did a great job recreating the locations from the series.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2012 at 5:29AM
John,
I tried to send you the link to that vid a long time ago with some updated info on my car.. did you ever get that email?
Justin K
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2012 at 11:50AM
JOHNQPS122....

Welcome to the forum! Hope we can others from the site to join as well!! Thumbs Up

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2012 at 11:28AM
ive been emailing John Q for months but he doesnt reply.. I hope hes not sick or anything.. he has really done a lot over the years to promote the Starsky & Hutch car's..
The one thing I would like to say though is he's not given the Starsky owmers any way of communicating with each other like we do here.. its a shame because im sure other owners he has listed would love to talk shop with us here... not just in the Starsky field but with maintenance/parts service and get togethers etc.. and shared history..
nobody buys a Starsky car cos their taurus broke down... its a passion thats beyond skin deep..
lets connect people...!
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2012 at 11:37AM
Justin,

The Starsky Torino Owners have a yahoo!group that we are able to communicate with each other...

You have to become a member before you can view messages and post messages, but that's easy to do. JohnQ is pretty quick about approving members who have already gotten their car on the StarskyTorino site.

When the GTS forum created the S&H section, I notified the STO group.

Edited by TV 2M8O - 29-March-2012 at 5:31AM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2012 at 11:10AM
cool. I will check it out... thanks for the info...Starsk rules... peace out bro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnQPS122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2012 at 3:41AM
Justin,
I have been providing S&H Torino owners with means of communication for over 10 years. There have been links to this website and the Yahoo Torino owners forum on my website for as long as I can recall.

I'm sorry I haven't replied to the one email you sent me on February 6, but you didn't ask any questions that needed an immediate reply. I receive hundreds of emails and I do have other things to do in my life in addition to answering them, so it can take a lot longer than a month or two for me to get to them all. It is not unusual for me to not reply right away unless someone is asking for for specific information.

Had you asked me how to get in touch with other Torino owners, I would have told you.

The forum that TV2M8O provided a link to is only for people who have their car featured on my website and a few others who have consistently been to our reunions.

The Yahoo forum that's open to all Torino owners, besides this forum, can be found here: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/TheFordTorinoClub1968-1979/

Most of the really active and helpful S&H Torino owners are members of that forum, and this one.

There's also a Facebook group for Torino owners at http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/135950836438863/

Edited by JohnQPS122 - 29-March-2012 at 3:42AM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2012 at 4:04AM
John thanks for your reply, I have sent 3 messages and not heard from you but thats ok I can only imagine how unindated with emails you must be so no sweat. I apologise if it seemed I was in any frustrated at not hearing from you, as I reread my post after your reply it does seem a little grumpy, sorry. didnt mean it like that.
I know how long you have been doing all this great work for Starsky owners and was unaware you would connect people as it seemed to me that you were helping us keeping a little anoninimety keeping our last names and actual location off the screen.. which I think is good. I had not wished to contact any other Starsky owner personaly my comment was just a tribute to the forum provided here thats been changed to include Starsky cars and I was ignorant to the links youve provided, so again my apologies.
regards
Justin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnQPS122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2012 at 4:09AM
No hard feelings. Thank you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2012 at 4:25AM
John, thanks for the link, I joined the forum.. looks good.cheers.
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2012 at 5:34AM
John,

Sorry for the trouble I have caused.... the link has been removed.

Respectfully yours,

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnQPS122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2012 at 6:15AM
No trouble, Joe. Just some mild confusion. 
This entire discussion has moved me to spend the last two hours comparing the cars on the website to the names in my database (272 of them) and try to make sure they all match up. I'm home sick from work today, otherwise this wouldn't be getting done at all.

It is difficult to keep track of everyone. Cars are always changing owners, owners are always changing email addresses, several owners have the same name, and people don't always give me their full name or information. It's a lot to keep track of.
I know it's hard for people to understand, especially those who have just bought their cars in the last few years and are still super-excited about it, but there is more in my life life than S&H Torinos. For several years, all I ever did was work on my website and other activities related to the cars, but that never was something that was going to last forever at that intensity.

I still answer emails and put cars on my site and go to reunions but just not as quickly or as frequently as I used to.

Post Reply Post Reply