The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cobra torino in Ct

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cobra torino in Ct
    Posted: 08-March-2012 at 3:57PM
Anybody on the forum own or know the owner the  429 COBRA TORINO spotted at CT Motor vehicle dept,today 3/8/12 getting inspected for reg.My co-worker spotted it and took some pix,I'll have him send them to me,so I can post them.Nice looking car!
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
72BlackGTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72BlackGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2012 at 5:56AM
Was it yellow? I've seen a yellow one sitting at a service station on Rt 4 in Burlington, Ct on my way to Hartford quite a few times. That might be the one. It's a sharp car for sure.
Ron
1978 LTD II Sport-Green
2003 HD Road King Classic 100th Anniversary
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2012 at 1:06PM

Ron,no thats not the one spied at MVD,I believe it to be red.I haven't seen the pix of it yet.I've also have seen the one up near your neck of the woods.I travel that route up to Ct St police troop B, in Canaan.I'm going to stop and check out that yellow torino one of these times.Beautiful country up that way.My co-worker talked to the owner or the red one.Said it was a barn find,a father and son had gotten the car put it away for 20 or so years.Son passed away awhile back, then the father had it for some time before he was ready to part with it.So the current owner purchased it.my co-worker also said it's a dragPac car.ClapThats the story I got.

John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
72BlackGTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72BlackGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2012 at 3:06PM
I'd love to see the pics. I look for that yellow one each time I go through there. Sometimes it's there and sometimes not. There are not that many around these parts so when one pops up it's kind of a surprise.
Post them up when you get a chance. They were great looking cars. Second to the 72's in my opinion.
Ron
1978 LTD II Sport-Green
2003 HD Road King Classic 100th Anniversary
 Post Reply Post Reply