The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1973 MB interior paint code match?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabatona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1973 MB interior paint code match?
    Posted: 04-May-2012 at 1:30PM
Hi all.
Hopefully someone on this forum has a torino that is interior code "MB" and can advise me as to what paint brand/code you found for a perfect match.
I have been to 2 local body paint supply places, had each mix me paint from a color sample part, and both are so far off they are unuseable....
I am wanting to match the vinyl color of the seats and dash pad that loook like they have some metallic in them.
Both paint shops mixed me straight color, no metallic, both are terrible.
I looked at Dearborn classics, and they sell a "dark blue" in a spray, but since they do not list it by paint code I am unsure if this will be any closer than the $100 worth of paint I have...
Just trying to repaint the steel panel in front of the dash pad, and the dash pad itself...
Maybe im being too fussy,  but I would really like for everthing to match in color shade and sheen.
Thanks in advance for your help.
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2012 at 2:14PM
Try autocolorlibrary.com or carpaintonline.com, hopefully you will find what you are needing for a paint match. Todd
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
sabatona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabatona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2012 at 2:18PM
I found this site: http://paintref.com/paintref/index.shtml will check out the other ones you mention. Thanks.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2012 at 4:15PM
well the interior in my 72 had been sprayed at one point and the arm rests I have for sale have metallic in it. not 100% sure but I thought the interiors were always solid non-metallic
 Post Reply Post Reply