The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brent Williams Striping kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RGH440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brent Williams Striping kit
    Posted: 18-May-2012 at 8:47AM
Brent Williams has let me know i can post his info if anyone needs a striping kit for a starsky car his addy is   brentleewilliams@sbcglobal.net    Hope this helps someone
Gene
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2012 at 12:55PM
we already have the specs on factory stripes  and can be done cheap with fineline tape
why waste money on a stripe kit when it's all done in paint from the factory
 75GranMan just painted his car using those stripe specs and it looks great
RGH440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RGH440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2012 at 2:37PM
if ya don't want it delete the post.
Gene
Zebra 3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebra 3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2012 at 3:43PM

.....To each his own.....Smile

The "factory" version is what it is...remember that "they" where in some what of a hurry to capitalize on the car being what it was on the show and to be able to do something for the final MY run..  I doubt that engineers where sent out to the sound stage to take meticulous measurements of the stripe.
  I purchased a stripe kit from Brent as soon as they where made available...I planned ahead knowing full well what "I" wanted.
Brent's kit is "his" version of the stripe...it escapes me what he used for a template, but I found it to suit my needs perfectly AND as it turns out, makes it easier for the body man to do the lay out....so I am told by the body man who will eventually do my car....I trust him ,he's been in the business a long time and I see his "end results" at local car shows, cruise nights etc. etc.
  To argue that one version of the stripe is correct or better than another is petty.  The stripe, itself, on the t.v show cars was never always the same from scene to scene, episode to episode, season to season. due to body repairs, time constraints etc. etc.  The movie version was a whole different version all together....it goes without saying.  
"I deeply admire the men who founded this country, and I think we ought to know more about them and how they lived and the force and courage they had.
Henry Ford. 1926
Brian Conn
'76 Torino
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2012 at 4:21PM
don't matter just saying is all why pay for something that can be done yourself cheap
don't care if you use the factory specs or what you can still lay the stripe out with a few rolls of 1/4" fineline tape and a tape measure and can duplicate any version of the stripe you want.
don't know what the guy charges and it don't matter as I don't need to but others my want to so
who know's 

hey if you close enough throw me  a few bills and i'll lay out any version of the stripe you want
I been painting graphics for almost 30 years and layouts are just  matter of time.
give me some fineline ad a tape measure and i can lay out any stripe desired.

I know that is takes a certain ability and why some would get a kit vs trying to lay it out or paying someone to do it
 Post Reply Post Reply