The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Four Doors and Wagons
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'74 factory big block lead

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '74 factory big block lead
    Posted: 01-June-2012 at 4:36PM
Any of you guys in the Tuson, Az. area, there's a guy on the www. Ranchero.Us ,forum with a Squire wagon for $750 non-running 460/c6 power windows, lugg. rack. Looks like a solid fairly complete project car.   p.s. I got to learn how to transfer info with this computer, otherwise I would have all the info.
Brian   1973 Ford Ranchero Big Block. ''THE OTHER WOMAN''
Ranchero Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2012 at 4:47PM
My bad, it's a 1976
torkair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torkair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2012 at 9:19PM
That's Ed's wagon, I posted the pics for him and from what I have seen in person it would be a fantastic project to start with but the plastic panels in the back are going to be a royal pain to restore.
72 Gran Torino "sport"- in progress

73 Ranchero GT- Q code-460/C6/3.25 open rear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2012 at 12:11AM
Thanks Tokair. I figured you  would fill in the blanks.  The weather stripping  will ned attention too. But hey.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2012 at 12:41AM
weather strips are a bioth as they don't repop them for 4 doors or the rear wagon door opening
sometimes I wonder why i'm buying one
wait, i'm gonna make it a 2 door,but that only solves the seals for the side
not sure what the back is like as the gate was covered in plastic cause the rear window is blown out
so not sure what that area looks like yet.
I know I could sell or part it out for what I paid but hate to do that just for a fewrare hard to find parts
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2012 at 12:58AM
them!

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2012 at 1:01AM
here's the info from Ed
Ok guys some of you might remember me saving this old girl from a fate worse than death... The Derby..... I have 2 Rancheros and plenty of storage room, but I would like to see this old girl go to a loving home. My fiance wanted me to keep it, but we have decided no kids and I can only restore and drive so many cars. So heres the stats. fully loaded, right down to the 6-way power bench seat. Yeah. BENCH. tilt, air, ect. 460 combo w/ c-6, three way tailgate, missing the left front marker light, the passenger door window switch, and thats about it. the car is a tucson az. native, has absolutely 0 rust on it, even in the spare tire well it is perfect. no broken glass, all squire trim is there, but screws through about half of them, i think this could be hidden with some metal filler and a line of black trim or woodgrain applique. Adjustable roof rack works perfectly. I have replaced the guages with a set that had not crumbled thanks to dan the ranchero man, and I located a very nice grille opening trim to combine with the original dented one for a perfect piece. Minor dents, looks like someone got too close to the garage door frame, but nothing serious at all. I will not sell this car to just anyone, she deserves a good home, and I understand that someone might want to put a small block in it, if so, I will adjust the price down and pull the 460/ c6 for you. I would like them 4 my 79 anyway. Last thing... would like to get 1000.00 for it. I know its rare, i will sit on it as long as needed. if you dont want the engine, trans, then 750.00. the engine has not run in 17 years due to bent rods, needs a full rebuild, trans has 123,000 miles on it. no great loss there. there it is, guys. I will ask torkair to post pics of it again for me, so be patient. Thanks, and i hope you are the right person for this old girl. Ed. Send replies to v8dreams@hotmail.com, put squire in your post so i dont delete.
Ed Girardin is offline Report Post  

occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2012 at 9:56AM
I still have M-block engine mounts and FMX bellhousing. I could find a motor for this thing. Seems like a lot of work to be done. And it's a power window car. I'll keep this in mind if I get some disposable cash, a haul from Tucson to Wichita Falls wouldn't be more than $500-$600 and honestly I could go get it with the Suburban at this point.
08 Uplander LS, 262K, broken again
08 Explorer EB, 195K, for the wife
still looking for another something

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2012 at 10:13AM
Thanks Jeff for transfering the pics.  I figured this would be of interest to someone.
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2012 at 3:40PM
Another wagon just waiting or a little love. C'mon guys!
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
srwith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srwith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-June-2012 at 1:27PM
Dammmn, so far away and so little time.
two loves, torino's and bike riding. drive and ride safe.
73Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-June-2012 at 8:19PM
That thing is in great condition for $750! Heck I bet you could get close to two grand if you just brought it up north lol. I know I would buy it up in a heartbeat if it wasn't as far of a drive.
1973 base model Torino
 Post Reply Post Reply