The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car shows at 0800 tomorrow.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msgdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car shows at 0800 tomorrow.
    Posted: 07-June-2012 at 3:24PM
My S&H Clone shows tomorrow at 0800. I will post photos when I get it. Will not sleep much tonight.

Here it is:

Off to the DMV first thing to get it registered, then cruise time!!

I will have a 1000 questions as I get it set up.
1975 Ford Torino
msgdman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msgdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2012 at 8:38AM
As promised, here she is, I have a long road and a lot of work to make this an S&H clone, it is a base Torino that will need some modification (Logo's, interior, bumper etc.) I will really be asking a lot of noob questions as I know very little about cars, and this one has seen better days. I took it for about a 10 mile drive and did notice some oil drips on the ground, and it appeared some oil had sprayed up into the hood area. Not sure if the dip stick was loose. Also had the gear selector come off in my hand!!! That one freaked me out, I was able to stick it back in but will need to figure out how to secure it. It has a 351W in it, that is about all I know. Thanks for any help you guys will be able to give as I work through this long process.

1975 Ford Torino
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2012 at 3:07PM
Nice lookin s &h car,was this car listed on ebay?if that fluid is red,its more than likely trans fliud.what ever the leak is,try to figure it out before something bad happens.with an investment like our torino's you don't want pay  to replace your car because of  a simple repair that wasn't taken care of.
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
legend onirot View Drop Down

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2012 at 3:11PM
pretty car.  you can run down alot of criminals in that thing...
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
msgdman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msgdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2012 at 4:07PM
Originally posted by 75GranMan 75GranMan wrote:

Nice lookin s &h car,was this car listed on ebay?if that fluid is red,its more than likely trans fliud.what ever the leak is,try to figure it out before something bad happens.with an investment like our torino's you don't want pay  to replace your car because of  a simple repair that wasn't taken care of.

I am pretty sure it is oil, but I will be sure to keep an eye on it. I appreciate the comment! Yes it was on Ebay, but I offered him quite a bit below what he was asking so he pulled it and dealt with me directly. I took a chance buying an as-is car, but I knew the risks going in. Needs some work, but I am excited.
1975 Ford Torino
Srandaz2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srandaz2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2012 at 5:04AM
Nice looking car ..... I know this post is old but thought I might shed some knowldege on this....302 and 351 engines are notorius for oil links around the sending unit which is located right under neath the steering bracket... It's a small tube that comes from the timing chain cover....also you might want to check your fuel pump...I just had an incident this past month where i had oil spraying all over my engine and I spent over $100 in fixes and come to find out it was the diaphragm in the fuel pump that went soft allowing the oil to escape under pressure. That's a sign of a bad fuel pump and it's getting ready to go.   Just my two cents....steve
Steve
chevelle69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chevelle69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2012 at 9:07PM
hello

i know where you got this S and H;   it came from GA? right? i know the dealer
i just bought mine , and it is on the way back to home  to be shipped from Miami, see my post for new members(chevelle69)
regards

Gerald from France
killroy was here
 Post Reply Post Reply