The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tonya's 72 GTS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tonya's 72 GTS
    Posted: 21-June-2012 at 9:07AM
 this looks to be Tonya's 1972 GTS,the girl who lives in Port St.Lucie, Florida and was just north of where I lived.She had 2 others that were badly rusted,one is a Q code and I think it was VorbottenO or somebody from GA that came down and looked at them and posted pics of the black and red one she was trying to sell but wanted too much for the rust buckets they are.

Last time I saw this car was after it was painted and didn't have the stripes on it.
Her Sport hood had the famous rotted out hood bracing and the body shop was suppose to graft the hood scoop section to the flat hood but when she went to pick it up it was painted with the flat hood.
I tried to trade off doing the sport hood for some parts but she wanted the cash for the parts and most of what she was selling was somewhat over priced so I never bought any of it as I found cheaper out of state then in the town next to me so it was here loss but she wouldn't budge much on price even buying several things wasn't going to get much of a discount.

anyway nice girl but she paid too much for the other cars and parts she collected over the years and expected to get what she paid and that isn't how it works.it's what the market bares is what you can ask if you paid high then you will lose but better to get some of it back and sell it then store it in a 1 car garage piled high like she was.

anyway I came across this photo on a FB friends album and decided to post it here since she
obviously finished the car but I never seen it on the road around there but she may have had it to the cruise night after I moved

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 21-June-2012 at 9:11AM
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-June-2012 at 3:34AM
There's a car in that picture?

Oh, Wait... there it is!
Had to go back and look harder!

Edited by Regul8r - 22-June-2012 at 3:34AM
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-June-2012 at 4:27AM
the trip is she is a house painter and does guy things. she is a bit of a Tom Boy but she is not bad looking. She had one of her GTS cars for 15 years but the one you see is not that car and is the black one that was posted year or so ago by Eric when he came to Florida .
she bought 2 cars from a guy in PA and had them shipped to Florida,sh payed way too much money but the car you see was in better shape then her previous GTS so she had this one built instead.It has a NOS quarter she got with the cars put on by the shop that did the body and paint.
It was one of those economy paint shops like Maaco but they will do better work and stuff like this but they don't do work anything close to the quality I do

for what she paid she got a decent job

i'm not liking how the stripes end on the hood as it should have gone on the header too
 Post Reply Post Reply