The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LE Starsky Car

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LE Starsky Car
    Posted: 01-August-2012 at 4:07PM
I may be considering selling my LE Starsky CAr.I wanted an idea of whet it would be worth.Car has optional white int.with console and floor shift 351W .Car has a lot of NOS chrome pieces on it .Built 351W bored .030 over with a 520 lift cam ,headers dual exhaust with big bore tips Cobra Jet C6 trans with shift kit.Car was repainted in or around 1992.Car is show ready.Thanks for any ideas.I haven't decided what to do yet.I have had it since 1986 so it is a hard decision.
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2012 at 9:41PM
Voice of experience........

DON'T SELL IT

Especially after having it sooo long! It won't leave your sight before the realization you have made a mistake sets in. Mine hadn't moved three feel until the regrets set in! Years later, I'm now building a season 2-4 clone.

Just my two cents.........

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
PS122 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PS122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-August-2012 at 6:33AM
+2 for DON'T SELL IT.

I have a ton of reasons to sell mine but largely due to sentimental attachment, I have hung on to it.  For me, a little time in the garage makes the urge to sell quickly pass.  I would say 'time behind the wheel' but my LE has been largely in a state of suspended animation for the last few years.

In short unless you absolutely have to sell due to some extenuating circumstances, I'd say go out in the garage, start it up and log a few miles/smiles.
Joe
'76 S&H Gran Torino
http://starskytorino.com/joes/joes.html
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-August-2012 at 7:28AM
Great advice. I don't have an LE, but do have a '76 Torino that I've had since 1980. Many times I considered selling it, but just never did. Most likely, it was the simple fact that I wouldn't get enough out of it to balance the loss of memories. Now, I am SOO grateful I didn't.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-August-2012 at 3:48PM
As the others have said,If you don't have to sell.DON"T.but if your going to sell it,post up some pix so we can get an idea of it's condition.don't forget it's still a buyers market in these tough times
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
 Post Reply Post Reply