The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Ranchero Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

72-79 Class III, IV frame reciever

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmexguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 72-79 Class III, IV frame reciever
    Posted: 04-October-2012 at 1:00PM
anyone know if UHaul, Valley, etc. still lists a hitch reciever for the 72 to 79 Ranchero and or wagons? Does anyone have one used?
inenidok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inenidok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-October-2013 at 3:56AM
http://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Trailer-Hitches
Dan the ranchero man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-October-2013 at 12:15PM
This is what the actuall hitch looks like if you have not seen one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-October-2013 at 12:20PM
My Daughter lives out by you (sccorro). When I was out there  this past july there was all kinds of cool stuff laying out the desert. You should be able to find one I would think. 
inenidok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inenidok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-October-2013 at 12:19AM
i have been thinking on buying one just to have it just in case
newmexguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmexguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2014 at 1:41PM
Originally posted by Dan the ranchero man Dan the ranchero man wrote:

My Daughter lives out by you (sccorro). When I was out there  this past july there was all kinds of cool stuff laying out the desert. You should be able to find one I would think. 

Probably. Eventually.   Every one ive seen in the yards is a horribly welded on piece of back - yard engineering. Total Crap. Hacked rear bumpers, (center lower area cut out) with weld slop, and holes blown through the rear frame rails where there were "attempts" to affix it. If anyone comes across an old factory Ford, Valley, Reese?, Uhaul, etc, Class III bolt on unit I would be very interested.   
newmexguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmexguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2014 at 1:46PM
Originally posted by Dan the ranchero man Dan the ranchero man wrote:

Scrappers have hauled a lot off in the last eight years or so. Stuff that probably sat for decades went to the smelter in the 2006 - 2008 timeframe, as ferrous scrap reached close to $275 / ton for un dismantled vehicles. With drivetrains, interiors, tires, etc. That is here in a fairly low price area, one can only imagine what scrappers got in more expensive areas.   Would guess proximity to a rail line with direct routing to Long Beach CA would have had a bearing on the price paid.   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2014 at 1:47PM
I will keep my eyes open for you.
newmexguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmexguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2014 at 8:10AM
Thanks. I did finally check out Uhaul's site in full. They do have a part # for the application, they will make it to order, with payment in full. Something around $225.   Probably the way to go, shipping something like a full hitch any sort of distance would be a pain, and expensive. Just need to verify it with the local Uhaul store.   Thanks Again for the responses.    
dave302 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave302 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2014 at 3:01PM
There is a member who has a heavy duty tow hitch for a ranchero for sale. He has described it as "very heavy duty". If you want to see his thread Click Here.

Edited by dave302 - 08-October-2014 at 3:02PM
n2fordwagons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2014 at 12:54AM
Thanks Dave.  That was me.  I'll send newmex a PM.
Jeff

71 Torino Brougham
72 Gran Torino Squire
dave302 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave302 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2014 at 1:15AM
Your Welcome.
 Post Reply Post Reply